Vampire The Masquerade SFM: Game Thread MAFIA VICTORY

May thinks you’re the flowergirl.

1 Like

For player convenience.
Killing Abigail feels standard but I think May is evil and planning to kill/convert me from fear as always.

Someone / Luka / Icet.
Leafia / Kiiruma / Zone / Hazard / Jarek / Bionic Gorta.
Childe / Wazza.
Abigail / May (maximum of one).

I’m unsure what evil distribution might look like, but with fifteen + conversion I would either expect starting 2 with repeat conversion, or else 3 + 1.

I do not anticipate conversion tonight in most cases. Just because I’m good currently and would be motivated for such a team to win irrespective of my potential alignment tomorrow, it should be fairly obvious whether or not I’m converted, just trust whether I’m trying to direct the game or not. Anyway.

VOTE: May. Supporting wagonomics.

I think honestly my biggest scumread atm is on Childe.
Abigail feels like they’re just drawing too much heat to be a starting wolf and May’s not really stood out too badly to me at this point.

VOTE: Childe

I want to see more from this slot at the very least but I don’t like what I’ve seen so far.

Why is chillide your biggest scum read when they have like 4 posts. I understand not liking em but straight up calling them your strongest scum read is a bit worrying

Childe just feels like an AFK slot. There isn’t really evidence for or against their alignment that I personally can garner at least, although others might feel differently.

1 Like

Trying to play it very safely.
The fact that one of their 4 posts is a “Joke mafia” claim feels really wrong and I think that it comes from someone who’s just frozen.

1 Like

The only post with any actual wording in it is their last post

Ok… i can kinda understand where your coming from.
It makes me feel like it was a bit fence sittery. Not wanting to stir the main pot so took the easiest vote if you get what i mean
Thats why i am curious in why he was your strongest

1 Like

However i am a hypocrite cause i dont have a real scum read on anyone.

Ah… Isn’t it fun? :slightly_smiling_face:

I mean I think it’s likely that there’s a below average amount of evils rn.
So read accuracy is going to be slightly worse than usual at the start and slightly better than usual as the game goes on.

@Magnus, you seem to know more about wagonomics than me. What are the pros and cons of actively pursuing ties?

1 Like

There are generally no advantages to ensuring an actual vote draw at the end of the day, as the primary con is that you’re taking the culmination of 48 hour discussion and flipping a coin to resolve it. Even if town doesn’t really mind who dies between two suspects, competitive wagons can illustrate who is voting where, you can analyse why they’d want certain players dead over others, you can identify gaps in logic or associations that way. Pursuing ties as a group activity just renders all that obsolete in lieu of a basic numbers game.

Unless there’s a role-related purpose to drawing the votes, there really isn’t much of a benefit.

2 Likes

It is strictly worse to have a tie because evils are more incetivised to have a tie, since it reduces the chance they die if they’re otherwise the top wagon. As a result town should always take control and be more decisive consolidating close to EoD and only moving off it as a unit if there’s good reason to do so (Such as an innocent child revealing or someone doing something very town AI when they’re being wagoned or very mafia AI when they’re not)

VOTE: Gorta

Abigail is more “frustrating” than “wolfy” to me and I don’t really wolfread Jarek

1 Like

I agree with what you’re saying.
And the most suspicious thing I find about Gorta is their insistence of just saying about flavour rather than solving.
I’d like to know your own reasons why you’re voting for em though.

I want to vote for somebody people are already voting for at this stage in the game

1 Like

Mmm Gorta might not show green flags but also no red flags for me. I don’t think the lore thing is that bad. Maybe it’s actually an unwise vote

VOTE: Childe I want to see gameplay

So you didn’t have a particular townread/scumread on Gorta and instead you decided to join me on the vote for the lowposter but as a sort of pressure thing? Interesting.