Word Match V: Friendship is Necromancy Magic

I will let @Ash finish the rest.

3rd and 4th place were both DNFs. Under optimal circumstances, we’d have given a day’s extension, but I am flying out to [redacted] before the crack of dawn tomorrow, so we’re going to tiebreak.
As a reminder, the tiebreaker is based on the number of Sadisms, then on the previous round’s performance.

3rd Place

@pandora
@lilith
@Litten

4th Place - Eliminated

@May
@Zugzwang
@Hazardwaste

Revival Consideration

How This Will Work, Again

Teams will send us an ordered list of players they want to join their team in one of their PMs. At the end of the Consideration period, I will go in order for each team and select the highest player on their list that hasn’t already been revived into another team.
I will skip over teams that either haven’t submitted a list or have chosen to waive the list. Once the teams who’ve submitted lists have chosen their revival, I will randomly choose players for the remaining teams.

Order for Selection:

1. @Arctic, @Arete, and @sulit
  2. @nutella, @Jane, and @Chloe
  3. @pandora, @lilith, and @Litten

Players Available for Revival

@alexandra
@carbonated
@guavagudetama
@katze
@May
@Zugzwang

If you are on the Revival List and do not wish to be revived, or if you are supposed to be on the Revival List and are not, please let me know.

Teams will have until 2024-08-30T00:00:00Z to submit their Revival lists. Round 5 will start once all revivals are done.

do the third members of each team not get a say

no

Btw, Kanave isn’t avalaible anymore.

Could have been even faster bc i originally thought of knife and changed my fucking mind like an idiot but we’ll take it

1 Like

Wait so do we still have the third person and it becomes a round of four, or is it replacing the third person

I believe this answers your question

Two days ago, me and Hazard had a debate, if Argue and Argument is or isn’t a match.
We left with the notion since it wasn’t a full match anyway, it isn’t matter.

Turns out it did matter in the end. (Ash made the decision in the last minute it isn’t a match, after long contemplating.)

With this decision both DNF team got 2 partial match each, and pandora’s and Lilith’s team was better last round, they were placed higher and get furthe

oh lol

Well that’s stupid

It’s annoying that it came down to that, but there’s not much I could’ve done about it.

They do.
Me when I copy and paste.

I think it’s really funny you and Zug submitted the same guess twice in a row in the first 2 attempts but were thwarted by hazard twice

:joy_cat:

if I get picked I will LITERALLY

Summary

pick words

2 Likes

It’s extremely frustrating that whether or not we progressed came down to like three separate instances of arbitrary decision-making (two DNFs but the round wasn’t extended, so the tie was broken by partial matches but argue/argument wasn’t counted, so the tie was broken by past round performance, and I passed out before I could submit a word for the last round and woke up too late, but I tried to submit “MARISSA” which would have been another partial match). I assume you know this already but I would like to confirm that I feel this way

5 Likes

Balance restored!

Word Match

Given that there were multiple DNFs last round, and the upcoming round is about to have even more people, might it be reasonable to preemptively extend the deadlines?