World's Finest - GAME OVER ASH WINS

That’s your perspective.
Mine is that I have nada in terms of abilities.

1 Like

i just went through every power and said what it did

1 Like

I would, but I have to acknowledge that I’m heavily influenced by Yu-gi-oh which uses heavily draconian rules which are unintuitive at first. You guys don’t play that game, so it isn’t intuitive to you. And this game isn’t based off that game

If it were up to me I would give you health because I see it as the effect of this power resolving before Null Field. I don’t read Null Field as “negate all currently continuous effects applied to you”. I just read it as “negate all future instances of effects applied to you”.

But yeah I shouldnt rule it for the way it makes sense only for me and my game. I’ll rule it in the more generous / flexible / less draconian way (of it negating currently continuous effects applied to you"

edit: I saw the big Willow post, so that makes my life easier. I’ll go with that

Replication doesn’t work on any of Marshal’s abilities, and Call Option only triggers on Replication, so I’m basically a sitting duck compared to everyone else.

1 Like

sure

but now I’ve placed a M.A.D bad mutation on you which means if you attempt to kill me I should be able to get off at least two quasi-stellar obliterators in retaliation

1 Like

come on lil bro

make a deal with your devil older sister

1 Like

Will do when I get home; currently in a car with my parents.

1 Like

i still dont get what willows actual verdict was

1 Like

what is the question again

1 Like

should i take the chronoshield damage

1 Like

null field basically negates literally everything (i will re-read to make sure). you just have basic attack and defend and nobody can interact with you

It was that Chronoshield should burn you but that her only justification was that it wasn’t balanced otherwise

2 Likes

i will let tutuu decide my statement there was just “there is no RAW justification but it makes total sense”

2 Likes

being “killed” but chronoshield saves you should be ~total doom

although tbh if i were creating that power again i would say “If you are the last person standing and then you die to chronoshield you win anyways” just so that revenge actions aren’t kingmakers n shit but that’s not part of the text so

realistically it could go either way

1 Like

you think rules as written would negate the pending damage, yeah? i would like to go with rules as written. my argument wasn’t balancing fwiw, i understood rules as written as it not negating the pending damage, but if im the only person who thinks that way i won’t insist :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

the OOO also specifically clarifies that the burn is activating chronosheild

2 Likes

ye

1 Like

that is fair tbh

1 Like

i didnt intend that interaction but i did basically word chrono shield as “effect damage”. so yeah okay, rules as written (and my OOO as well) point towards marissa curing herself from the pending burn damage from chrono shield

I now can’t kill anyone as long as they put up a shield before I attack.

1 Like