World's Finest - GAME OVER ASH WINS

you would have to argue that the source of the burn is not directly chronoshield, but that chronoshield has created some sort of third party source to burn Marissa

1 Like

Also @Marshal gets 28 health

1 Like

The source of the burn is chronoshield, but she didn’t have null field when that looming fireball was manifested over her head

And Chronoshield isn’t worded like “you take X damage” or “Chrono shield does X damage” it says “you Burn for X” damage. And Burn is like, its own separate mechanism, not “effect” damage, the way i understood it

you will Burn

and that power no longer can affect me?

1 Like

yes but if it read “If you die, you instead live for 3 turns” then I would find it very hard to argue Marissa would’ve continued to live for 3 turns

1 Like

Hmm

If Marissa got rid of a power that read “If you take exactly 30 damage on turn 2, you will explode on turn 7”, and she took 30 damage on turn 2, and got rid of it on turn 4, I also think it would be very hard to argue that she should continue to explode on turn 7

2 Likes

I think it’s only disputable now because Marissa has gained in what seems to be an unfair way in that Chronoshield was not foreseen to have been removed in such a manner and that it doesn’t seem balanced, but RAW the burn should disappear
RAI there is an argument to be made however

2 Likes

another example is it’d be obvious the power “If you are not attacked in a round, the next 3 rounds you gain 10 health” would obviously not givr me health

1 Like

However if you add

She would’ve gained in that she didn’t take damage on turn 30 which seems unfair and also the crux of why the 1st example looks much more easy to say obviously she wouldn’t explode whereas the 2nd is an edge case

but I don’t think the gain on Marissa’s part is necessarily unfair. A clause should’ve been added to the power to consider this scenario really

If Marissa’s chronoshield was a bad mutation that she had gained from then I could see the RAI argument being stronger. but its not. in fact one could argue that it being able to be removed is intended
And she hasn’t gained entirely anyway, because she’s had to sacrifice the entire power to stop the damage

2 Likes

my lawyer is fuckin awesome

5 Likes

there’s a trade off

One, you have to spend some sort of source to remove the power that could’ve possibly been used on an opponent or a bad mutation on yourself
Two, you lose a positive power

1 Like

in the original game Null Field prevented you from using a bunch of passive triggers (which were most of the powers) e.g. Whirlwild Defense

so it definitely negates almost all passives on themselves. It would also let you not count towards people attacking you for Whirlwind Defense, and a bunch of other things that basically let you bypass the defensive powers that people had created (because basically no one actually created an offensive power)
However
for some reason it prevented you from using an activated power that healed you. But it did not prevent you from using a power that summoned a minor sidekick, nor did it prevent you from using a power that permanently bled people who you successfully deal damage to. I feel like given the fact that it negates literally every other power it should negate those too. these were the only activated powers in the game. i feel like the intention was that you can’t activate any of them

in regards to other people’s powers, it basically bypassed their passive effects too (including the permanent lbeed from earlier)

so basically you should rule that it means that all of your passive powers do not work and that you can’t activate all of your activated powers.

im gonna go through the powers in this game and just rule on them one sec
you can ignore Devils Bargain (you won’t get punished for breaking the terms and you can just ignore your side of the deal. does not apply to the other person)

You can’t trigger the stellar obliterator, any mutations given to you with the obliterator do not work, you can’t use Cursed Soul nor can your powers be stolen with it, you don’t mutate due to Shadow Council Executive, Moment of Comprehension doesn’t work

you can’t activate Call Option nor Replication, nor can Replication steal and negate your actions

Chronoshield will not trigger (I would say that it does not affect chronoshield when it already triggered but the justification here is that “its not balanced otherwise” and i cant justify it otherwise), Final Gambit cannot be activated nor can your powers be swapped by it, Parasite does not do anything and you do not gain it if you kill the person with it, and Incinerate does not apply to your attacks nor anyone attacking you. You can neither activate Persistent Spectre nor does it ever burn you.

Your energy cannot be reduced by Absorb Pain nor does your damage come back as Energy in the next round

You cannot use the Stockpile, but you can still be effected by things that use Stockpile energy
and you can ignore shields from Defensive Overload and cannot activate it

1 Like

any questions

1 Like

Consider: Marshal will run away with this game.

1 Like

should i do the that one freiren scene with marshal y/n

2 Likes

I am less concerned at a person who has no powers and is now indebted to me compared to a reckless all-out attacker who targets supposedly indiscriminantly

1 Like

this is the important stuff

1 Like