World's Finest - GAME OVER ASH WINS

Yea ok fair

1 Like

The moral of the story is that you should never ignore things because you think they go above your head. You don’t have to do or understand the math. Just watch how other people who understand the thing react to it and estimate it from there. This is how I succeed in school

3 Likes

To be fair, by that point, only Ishmael and Daeron could’ve done something about it.

2 Likes

The mistake occurred during bidding when everybody undervalued the ability and ignored you as a threat because they didn’t understand the power.

4 Likes

Fun fact: I almost accidentally nerfed call option because I misunderstood the math and then tutuu reverted it at ash’s request I think

4 Likes

Basically the game was “make a power that’s really good in a way only you understand and you win the game”, and many people tried it, with Parasite/Final Gambit and Chronoshield/Incinerate and such, but those were all too obvious. You gotta go over people’s heads

4 Likes

Yea how’s about we don’t do this next game please
Combo powers are fine just.

1 Like

actually, I made chronoshield as a trap

different person made incinerate

2 Likes

How do you ban it?

2 Likes

You don’t
Gentlemen’s agreement

1 Like

“You have to be a certain level of dumb to play?”

2 Likes

yeah i realized that too

i think you thought the math would be the same just shortened, but you ended up accidentally nuking it (ash would only gained like 16 health now or something). ash didnt particularly like, go out of his way to request it to be reverted, i just decided to do so coz i thought it was just a fixable miscommunication i assumed that he wouldnt have submitted something broken (and i didnt wanna do the math myself) (:skull:)

1 Like

The game falls apart if you get away with it but it’s very hard to ban without overstretching so

1 Like

The game also falls apart if you submit “whoever wins this wins the game” but you can make a rule against that by saying “host can veto powers that are outside the structure of the game”

1 Like

Gentlemen’s agreement to what? “Only make powers that everybody is capable of understanding fully?” How do I know how smart my opponents are and what they’re capable of doing? It’s a weird arbitrary limiter on creativity. Anybody could’ve looked at the power and done the math, people just broadly decided not to or didn’t read carefully enough. Like

4 Likes

i made incinerate and defensive overload silly kitty

1 Like

No don’t make deceptive powers

2 Likes

I think it’s fair to veto powers which are wildly OP but I think “make a power that other people will underestimate” is literally, like, the entire premise of the game, no? That’s the point of the design phase??

3 Likes

my plan as a player was:

defensive overload for a lot on turn 1. like 50. burn 50

every other round attack everyone for 1 energy, which turns the attack into 51 damage to everyone. and use all my remaining to defend

maybe not those exact numbers but that was the jist of it. i was gonna go full aggro and deal a ton of dmg

How is the power deceptive in any way though

1 Like