An Attempt at a Sorc 17er - Game Thread

moping in thread for 40+ hours and then switching around to deathtunnel someone killed you, in my eyes
i don’t really have anything else To Say. i was right on pigeon, you townread him and you know you did, and you poked ybw with a stick until i thought it was too late.

Thank you.

I feel nervous and pressured because I put too much value in dead people’s words. Bigger the graveyard = bigger the stage fright

It is so hard to keep your sanity when trying to understand why those people died and you lived. It is very open to manipulation and I always try to escape that uncomfortable reality and find shelter in the comfort of dead peoples words. This has been a serious problem of mine to a point where I ended up improving my game in a way that would get me killed within two cycles just so I avoid late game as town. This has caused me to have harder time as wolf so I decided to stop and try different.

I am at a different point in time now and yeah it still feels like I will always circle around my confidence issues. It made me quit the game before. I want to defeat that demon

3 Likes

i acknowledge and agree with most of what you said here

i havent blamed you and im a firm believer of not blaming fwiw

as for sheeping aret - they had their reasons for scumreading u, so did agent, baker etc. it ended up wrong but ive sheeped plenty before and it was right. did i not sheep u on zorvo? ive also chosen to not sheep before and it ended up being wrong. i believe in town cohesion. i thought my reasons to towncore you were good, and they ended up right, but i also thought my reasons to towncore porscha and pigeon were good, and they ended up wrong

and this - this is fair, i meant no disrespect during the game. but i did in fact not ignore your legacy

and i would like to remind you that you yourself changed your legacy the next day, you thought baker was mafia, and you found atlas’s decision to stake the game on your baker townread silly (you addressed this but i disagree, you wrote a skull emoji indicating you find it silly)

ignoring the other stuff between you and atlas, if i just take this in a vacuum - this is a lose/lose situation for us

either you’re upset that your legacy was ignored if we didn’t listen to it

or you would have been upset now if baker was mafia and we townlocked him. would you not have been?

i love you, btw :heart:

arete only revealed in the last like 15 hours

I had to hard push YBW if I was to convince anyone. I am not trying to convince one person, atlas, I can’t tailor my actions to doing what specifically you would townread me for, if anything I had to tailor them to arete, which is why I did what they asked by defending myself (at first trying to avoid using my emotions) and casing a wolf

I townread him but knowing that I was town and someone was being miscleared I thought it could be them. I can townread someone and think they are still likely to be mafia

you had 40+ hours before eod to do it

idk if this is At All Helpful Whatsoever but–

I think it can be very tempting, in LyLos, to go for the option that won’t make people mad if you’re wrong, rather than for the player you think is a wolf

and this is in fact significantly worse than just guessing randomly, because wolves know people think that way and they can manipulate it so easily

3 Likes

i arguably played the worst, and i don’t seek to deny that, but the argument that there was nothing you can do is a flawed way of thinking, and is also really wrong
you can always get out of dying, if you try hard enough.

it did not take a massive amount of investigation to realize that the reasons weren’t good. my reasons for clearing zorvo were good. he was town

i know you didn’t but i felt like those comments when i was alive were unnecessary and didn’t really add anything except making me feel worse

i didn’t find it silly. i posted that in a “oh no, the consequences of my actions” sort of way, internally regretting saying that i had baker locked as town but not complaining that people were listening to what i wanted. i would not have been upset if people sheeped me on baker and it was wrong - i recognize that i asked to be sheeped, and i was perfectly happy for this to happen, regardless of how my reads changed in dvc. you are misunderstanding me

I love agent 47 I want to be agent 48

4 Likes

It means a lot to me.

It makes a lot of sense actually. Maybe all I needed to hear was this.

I will keep this in mind moving forward

1 Like

i think we would need a large sample size before we can decide on that

this is a 1 game sample

anecdotally i can recall plenty of games where voting for the person that wouldn’t have made people mad would have been correct

1 Like

How disappointing. I was hoping this was going to be a town win.

arete said not to lie about my confidence, i was only confidenet YBW was a hit when they made the misrepresentative posts about the gamestate

I didnt deserve this win

1 Like

I figured out Baker was town, because I thought they were suspicious yet it felt too easy.

2 Likes

yeag

then you couldve done something else
get into a classic fun clash with me
start sluring uncontrollably
ate in a believable way

1 Like

this isn’t just based on this game, it’s based on like my entire experience as an FM player and FM spectator

I definitely don’t think it’s always the case that the other villager is the person you think people will be less mad if you vote

1 Like

ok to be fair I do not actually think it would have been good if Arctic had started posting slurs or drowning the thread in ATE

4 Likes

I understand how it looked like that, but I’m not a hypocrite and I’m not scared of being wrong when I ask to be sheeped. If I was wrong on baker, and people sheeped me on it, I would only be annoyed at myself for being confidently wrong to the extent that I asked to be sheeped. It distresses me that you think this is what was occurring when it is very much not