An Attempt at a Sorc 17er - Game Thread

I almost just didn’t claim and let them kill me but I didn’t want to be accused of throwing

But yeah I had fun
Probably because I wasn’t trying LOL

1 Like

congrats wolves. good effort baker and icet in the f3

i think this is where your problem might be, then.

i didn’t have fun in this game. the replacements killed my wim on day 1, and then on day 2 an IC revealing specifically to rally the town against me mainly under the argument that my reads have been too bad for be to be town (my bottom 3 scumreads were town) was particularly upsetting. there wasn’t a good argument against me - it was either this (despite accuracy not being a guarantee for me as town, if anything the opposite) or the fact “i sounded weird” or “should have known how to read lol”. tone is never worth chopping a competent wolf over alone, and the latter just didn’t hold any weight given that i’ve mischopped lol plenty of times as a villager.

to put in plainly, i was killed because people couldn’t find me as town despite having 400 posts. who’s fault is this?

i think people would have been able to find me if they actually put themselves in my shoes and lowered their standards. it’s not fair to hold me to the standard that i was held in this game - “his scumreads flipped town” is not going to be valid when no wolves have been pushed the entire game yet - accuracy would only be wolfy for me if wolves were in contention for dying but i pushed away from it, and no one had done any better than me

now, i didn’t play faultlessly either- i didn’t handle myself properly, and i’m upset about that, because i like to think of the game as a logical discussion/solving game rather than an emotional one. but i didn’t know what to do. i had tried using reason to defend myself and case YBW. but nobody engaged with either except for arete, 1 hour before eod, when it was pretty much too late, given that my wagon was 4/5 villagers

I felt like, except for arete at that eod, that nobody was trying to give me the benefit of the doubt. tutuu thought YBW was an outted wolf but was voting me anyway because they were sheeping arete. i don’t think sheeping for the sake of sheeping is a good idea if you don’t even think about the reasoning or the gamestate, and it was particularly frustrating to be voted over someone that one thinks is an outted wolf. I just can’t really follow the logic here. Nobody else engaged with my case on YBW, I tried to ping baker with it, and they agreed it might be bettter to chop YBW over me and bomb me, but again deferred to arete, who only showed up an hour before eod when it was too late. and to top it all of, being told that my legacy was just going to be ignored after I was killed and that I wouldn’t be able to do anything about it made me especially upset and anxious. this was genuinely like, one of if not the most frustrating games i’ve played because people weren’t trying to evaluate me on day 2 because they wanted to sheep the IC for the sake of it

sheeping is fine if you evaluate the reasons the person you are sheeping has and the likelihood of them being correct. sheeping for the sake of sheeping could go any way

1 Like

Oh I was wrong about almost the whole team but I had Pigeon down from like 15 posts

Wait I didn’t read the game
That’s so funny but in a like “why would you ever do this” way
So glad I was already dead

I solved this by telling myself my emotions are always wrong. For me it is anger. Whenever i am angry i cant get a push through i now stop myself. Unvote. Assess why i feel that way. I have spared 12 town and 0 wolves this year by doing this.

You know that your emotionsl reads late fail you. Set them aside and chart a new path. If you want pointers on how to do this my DMs are always open.

3 Likes

I promise I would have pushed for YBW if I weren’t occupied IRL. I felt really bad about what happened that day to you

1 Like

Really am sorry that i killed your wim btw. If i could have avoided it i would have.

It’s not an “i’m upset at achro for it happening” thing it’s an “upset that it happened” thing so I’m not blaming anyone here I’m just punching the air

Fair. You cursed yourself daring to beat me in f3 on mu smh

But hey. You lost at rand. It happens.

1 Like

'kay!

You not getting that winning at rand was a meme and mac using that to say i was a wolf was so annoying btw.

Like. Its a joke. That i say every game. Mac was over there like hmm

you could try to be less obvious about the fact you don’t give a shit

“i disagree with the fact you couldn’t do anything”

i cased the most obvious wolf and defended myself, which you didn’t engage with? what else could i have done that you would engage with?

used the other time to contribute

I was doing what arete asked me to, which was defend myself and try to sell them on who a wolf was. I also identified that my counterwagon was town

I don’t think that posting townreads on irrelevant people or people we weren’t going to kill that day would have helped us advance the gamestate or stop me dying. If you’re going to tell me you would have actually townread me from doing this sort of thing then I’m going to call bullshit given that you didn’t engage with what I had already done with YBW. Like what you are asking me to do is just busywork, which I could easily do as mafia. What I was trying to do was change our wagons from v/v to killing a wolf

idk if this makes you feel any better but that wasn’t why I claimed

like to be clear I acknowledge that that was the effect of me claiming (which is On Me) but that wasn’t the goal

:ghosthug:

i was exaggerating because that’s how it felt like the thread was treating it

moping in thread for 40+ hours and then switching around to deathtunnel someone killed you, in my eyes
i don’t really have anything else To Say. i was right on pigeon, you townread him and you know you did, and you poked ybw with a stick until i thought it was too late.