An Attempt at a Sorc 17er - Game Thread

objective means from a viewpoint that is not any one person’s

aret is accusing you of being w/w with arctic

your defense is quoting your own and arctic’s interactions - the very thing aret is accusing you of being malicious with

and you’re arguing that it is objective

it couldn’t be any further than objective. it is subjective

I use “objective” and “subjective” as terms to mean “not from my perspective” or “from my perspective” respectively. Accusing the use of that word to be ‘manipulative’ feels cold like a slap in the face.

1 Like

1 Like

fwiw – the main Potential Pairedness I see in the interactions is from Arctic’s end

and it’s theoretically possible that he’s a wolf but that rather than being an excuse to clear his partner he’s doing it for some combination of towncred for himself (for clearing a PoE villa slot) and antispew

it wouldn’t be my first guess, but I do think they look less paired on the Jinxed side of things

1 Like

I understand you guys were showing Zug why I am not a good bomb target but hey I appreciate that!

Barring the Zug-Bomber situation- generally speaking, this linked game isn’t a good example, just like True Majority.

In this game, we were organized and had a plan to win. We followed that plan and managed to win. When I’m on the mafia team, I usually try to minmax everything for my team. I’m also skilled at rolehunting and breaking WIFOM, and in this game, I found the Doctor on D1. I manipulated them into visiting me and they ended up getting eliminated, while our weakest mafia player claimed Doctor to avoid D1 chop. We got three kills before D2 started. D2 was turboed since the town was furious, which was a win for us again. I pushed for two more people to be voted out before I got eliminated, and I helped our teammate whom we decided on making them a deepwolf from start because they were the RBer - in case we can’t kill the doc. She bussed me hard and strategically killed all the best solvers that would catch her. Not even late subs could save the game because of how well we placed our last member in towncore.

In True Majority, it was my first time rand town in three years. This year, I ended up being on the mafia team on every site, which I hated it. Still, in that game, I managed to find wolf Zenon before others and while Achro had total control of the game, I am sure we would have yeeted Bean or Hippo D1 there and probably get Zenon eventually with how D1 was played and assuming Achro wasn’t in the game. I did lose my sanity about Kii’s OP role coming D2 though. I naturally play hidden setups differently because of my old homesite. By the way, I learned to play mafia in a community where we had all sorts of craziness, and where KRC was invented. Go figure!

Our current game is only my second time playing as town after my long break. I don’t really count Anni, because on the first day, I was scumsiding as 3p. If you look at D2 and D3 of Anni, I was very towny and helped other townies find each other. I also managed to vig mafia Vulgard and made the right choice as a doctor, but lost the battle to the strongman. All my ITA shots were on the mafia players Apoc, Beck, and Vulgard.

For my games where I played as a wolf, I can find older games from my old homesite where I was either a wolf or a town member, if that helps. My playing style can be different in those, but since they’re pretty old, I’m not sure if they would be very useful. I used to be better in some aspects of the game back then, but now I’m working on improving other parts of my gameplay.

1 Like

I know you are ignoring me and hating me on me this game but I am telling this for future reference, don’t trust my past games. I know you guys were stopping Zug there but in general I don’t like getting TR based on meta. I don’t want to disappoint people one day and become a policy forever. Let me play the game

13 players alive

8v4 EoD2
7v4 N2
5v4 EOD3
Mafia Wins

We have 3 shots to catch a wolf.

We should make a PoE of 3 players that must guarantee a wolf flip!

signal boost

@Arete
@Agent47
@thepigeonnyc
@Zorvo
@Arctic
@tutuu
@Jinxed
@Olivest
@Apocryphal
@IcetFeelsPain
@Porscha
@YoubutWorse

@Arete
Good Reason/Bad Reason is something I haven’t done before. This is real difficult coz I can’t really townclear most of the players but I will give it a shot.

Good Reasons:

Porscha - I liked their mindset as town back Syndicate and I like their mindset here. I would sheep this person if they actually started leading the town. They had some good posts D1 where I think they are hard to produce as wolf. Similar to my “lol” and Geyde/Sultan reasoning - this last part might be considered a bad reasoning but still I have been right on my reads.

Bad Reasons:

IDK how to do this ugh

What I can do is provide my thoughts on everyone but I usually bother with that when I am mafia xD

I think we should all make a PoE of 3 and eliminate one of them today and bomb the other two. This will give us 1 final yeet and time to reeval if we end up killing 3 more townies.

Arctic / Apo / YBW are the lowest of low-hanging fruit executions in this game, imo.

Arctic (4): Jinxed, baker, Arete, Zorvo
Apocryphal (3): IcetFeelsPain, Olivest, thepigeonnyc
tutuu (1): Apocryphal

Not Voting (5): tutuu, Porscha, Arctic, YoubutWorse, Agent47

Some people who voted ApoThau didn’t speak much about it earlier. Felt like DADV all along.

In the event ApoThau/Arctic flips town we should be looking at:

Jinxed/Agent - Sort of aligned at different parts of the game. This is where I would look first.
IceT/Olivest - I don’t have much on this because they have given little. Maybe they are most likely to be town but I am keeping an eye on them.
Arete/pigeon - Based on Achro’s early Arete clear - if we ever reach F5 or F3 and both alive I would look here first.
Zorvo/YBW - I think these two fit together well and they have been malicious and created more chaos than solve. It is bad reason to think they are mafia but still, I would trade Sultan/lol for Zorvo/YBW any day. I was able to find them town, but I am struggling to find Zorvo/YBW town, sorry !!

in no order.

Special note for YBW: They are controversial and accused me of antispew while they did none better. quite hypocritical and I am still trying to find the town in them while they have done a big nothing.

another note on tutuu: they could be mafia with anyone at this point. they have played well and is in no ones poe except mine. if we are losing to mafia tutuu so be it. that L won’t be on me.

Kinda agreeing. I am trying to find different worlds rn

okay

who are the wolves?

@tutuu

I kinda think it is you.

In True Maj I was able to find you towny 80% of the time and it was clear to me from our RTI.

Here you are afraid of interacting with me and decided on ignoring me - called me crazy and bad.

I was testing you at first then I wanted to use you as lynch bait to fish out reactions. Also sussing you = protection for both of us in my rulebook. You kept townreading me and avoided my reads and thoughts.

I still think the t!tutuu i know wouldn’t be so avoidant and territorial. I have a feeling if you were town, you would have dealt with me differently.

1 Like

Why do I keep getting asked this question when I’ve given my answer already?

@Baker.
I’ve held off from posting this until Hazard responded, but that hasn’t happened yet. I’ve found a problem with calling Arctic and Tutuu W/W. What do you think about this?

well, you brought up thinking that Arctic/Apo/YBW were “the lowest of low-hanging-fruit”

which usually (maybe not in this case?) implies “they aren’t actually wolfy, they’re just getting pushed for being LHF, the true wolves are likely elsewhere”

(maybe that’s not what you meant)

and you (assuming you’re Magnus, you sound like Magnus) previously had both Arctic and YBW among your top four scumreads, which makes me confused about how these two statements mesh with each other

also fwiw I don’t think Arctic is LHF - ‘is currently suspected’ doesn’t make him LHF

A lot of players feel down to kill Arctic at the moment, and nobody is really fighting it. I still think he’s evil.

My problem with that specific post is that I would never expect a town player to make such accurate reads based on a single push. Town can fake push another player D1 to see the reactions. Their reaction especially in this post makes so much sense that it is way ahead of everyone in information if tutuu is town.

a. Arctic had a good read on what I was doing as town - biased tutuu because of shielding
b. Arctic had a good and genuine read on both me and tutuu being town
c. Arctic is in antispew and could be framing both of us if not me.
d. Arctic is pocketing us if not me and might have leaked info in the process.

Some wolves make more sense than when they rand town. I think it doesn’t clear the W/W here