An Attempt at a Sorc 17er - Game Thread

the confidence here “aha, i gotcha” is mega town

continually asking arctic how to read himself and later arete feels genuine af to me. like its real, he wants to know, he’s asking for advice and it seems rly believeable to me

if he’s mafia he would jump through some mental gymnastics to reach this town perspective. i dont believe it. i believe he’s town

in here zorvo is just channeling achro and other town players he’s impressed by. like i can read his brain i think. he’s recalling memories of them doing the same - and he’s mimicing that

this is also a very archetypical achro post, or any-other-town-leader-town-post. which zorvo is mimicing, he’s recalling past memories of them doing it

i used to be similar to zorvo and to me hist thought process just seems rly transparent, like i think i can follow along

this too

and i buy the desire to hunt for scary wolves, consistent with zorvo past town games. i also do that, baker is also doing it with scumreading me. we all town

2 Likes

now that I see Tutuu’s recent posts about you + this response I’m feeling more comfortable TRing you
I wouldn’t say I was hung up on that post it’s just that I don’t see why not to ask for a response when something seems scummy

1 Like

Imagine just making a post and you got a Barbie PFP.

I mean Arete is obviously helping in mechanical non game related stuff, so there’s that. That mean’s absolutely nothing.

ISO full of jokes too.

I don’t…… Fuck I don’t remember Achro townreading you that much?

Actually @Arete if they would have said it was “deliberate” idk if they did but what would you have said/thoughts been in response?

TM?
What does it mean for Tutuu in your opinion?

Idk I think you’re giving @Arctic the wrong reason here.
Hey Arctic, I don’t recall them talking about Bolded previously?
And as you can see above I have the actual reason for Arete’s vote.

What was the Arete looking for?

If I’m not mistaken, Is Arete saying Lol and Jinxed is W/W?

I take it they were wanting to vote Baker and didn’t know how?

But they are wolves with lol?
Or you change mind?
You can change your mind.
Heck if I was in your mind I’d remove lol from it and just keep Jinxed.

Picking on Porsha, smh.

He has been mafia 3 times in a row already.

1 Like

if i listen to all of my townreads’ reads (to reasonable degree, i cant listen to literally everything as i would have no possible team of 4), and to myself, if i try to stitch everything together, i can arrive to this guess for the wolfteam

guava
apo/arete
jinxed
olivest/geyde/ybw

2 Likes

I swear to god Tutuu’s trying to pocket me.

1 Like

I think Guava is wrong the rest I agree with.

1 Like

I can see your point about it making sense from town
but also a lot of it feels like it makes a lot of sense from scum
the responses to Arctic feel very easy to think of as scum
and the part about being a town leader is something scum can try to channel, since it puts them in a great position if it works

I will say the part about hunting for scary wolves is towny though
because there’s a fairly large poe rn and I don’t think wolves need to be going after hard targets (yeah there’s the argument it lets wolves avoid responsibility for MLs but it also can backfire if they make a bad push on a strong player)

1 Like

@Arctic everything okay sweetheart? :hugs:

1 Like

i don’t follow your logic. why do I have to have stronger reads on people I’ve interacted with more? I can think someone has been townier than someone else without having spoken to that person more than the other. I feel this is especially relevant for me given that I have more of an observant playstyle rather than an interactive one

i don’t understand what you are talking about with my read on icet. i don’t scumread icet. i don’t think i’ve given any reason to scumread them, nor have i said anything about them being partnered with zug and lol.

yeah, just trying to catch up rn. i saw i had a ping from you earlier but i’m trying to read in order so pls forgive me

2 Likes

this is approximatekly where i left off, my cat is currently PURRING in my lap, and i just woke up like an hour ago
time to ball

agree tbh, also feels uncharactersitc for arctic to say he feels weak and has no idea of what he’s doing. Not sure whether that comment would come from town him or scum him though, leaning towards scum because of the context of people calling him soulless and that being apart of his response

tbf its d1
but yeah :joy_cat:

feeling the exact same thing tbh, kinda mentioned it earlier in this post but not as clearly since i’m still backreading and not bothering to ISO anyone yet

arete gave me good vibes yesterday and i think they would be more cautious/pushing more agenda if they were scum due to my (admittdely likely EXTREMELY outdated reference) of playing with them in a hydra vig10er
and for reference i have to get The Post

it’s so good

agree entirely

ngl totally thought it was daeron’s alt when i saw the name

this post goes SO fucking hard, like genuinley this is such a good post, I can’t explain how good this psot is

very self-metay for something i don’t like. it’s effectively saying “i’m town because i told people not to sheep me” which seems both false to me bc arctic posts alot and is smart so people will just sheep him out of habit (i do this usually) and also just seems very dismissive of what olivest is saying by makign a repeated p[oint that doesn’t actually counter the argument heavily. just because you said “hey guys don’t sheep me!” doesn’t mean people won’t see your reads and form their own reads off of them based on the evidence you’ve given

tbh i’ve seen apo post but i don’t know if i’ve ever given any of her posts like, any thoughts, so i have nothing on her personally

this reads as genuine to me honestly

geyde posting always goes hard

my cats on my fucking desk hel[p i cant see shit
she moved

unrelated note but I keep confusing whether people are talking about apo or achro bc their names are so similar i just see the a and the o and assume it’s the same person, which also i think is one of those weird language things where when reading words you really only need the first and last letter? anyway im getting off topic but i just wanted to talk about that bc i think its interesting

good post

agreeable

this argument between them is making me think that ya
already thought camgirl was town though so that’s a stronger town for me? but like based off of how achro is responding to camgirl im getting V vibes, will state openly that i am threatenend of achro as both alignments bc i know he’s really good at mafia and I will not keep this townread on him for long I think

good psot, reads as very genuinine to me

that doesn’t seem like what achro was saying?

could be a possible team tbh

this seems like a lot of hard townreads to have for this early in the game
esp since I disagree with baker (not like hardscum ftr more so a null slot for me), and geyde is reading as v to me personally
weird readlist hoenestly and it felt kinda unncessary? seems more like a peformative post from arctic to make it seem like he’s doing more than he is

what about “May and story hydra. The hydra called olivest. The hydra consisiting of today’s story and may called olivest. Olivest hydra… that hydra?”

if people are like me (arguably not the case) my eyes LIGHT up whenever i see the name youbutworse or YBW, i like aretes point here

i like this analysis of it bc i feel approximately the same way, a bit hedgty on achro’s slot though

not throwing rocks at this, think it actually brings a good point up about the site. i don’t consider myself a skilled enough mafia player to be capable of effectively reading some slots (like achro for example, can think of a few others who aren’t in this game) and i do kinda jsut feel complacent with letting others read achro adn then sheeping them and the way camgrll has been actively trying to make read on them by badgering them a little bit (in a way that isn’t like actually super rude or anything) is something that should be happenign to produce better reads and better play for people. idk if this post is super AI but i think it’s honest and true.

good resposne, not convinced on their alignment either way now, i think i scumread them yesterday but honestly i do not remember

the post is AI camgrll is like locktown

was zug town or wolf in that game you made it seem like they were town in the game earlier but im confused what the comparision you’re trying ot make is

dont like this post honestly but i’m not sure if that’s just because it has a more hostile tone than other posts from then or if i’m actually catching something there

$30 and i’ll townread you until f3

ALRIGHT now that the game has actually picked up and there’s actual content to read it’s taking a bit to get through posts and i gotta get ready for a day with my partner so I’m gonna peace out for now, i’ll be back like 9 hours from now, maybe more maybe less

note for myaself for later, you stoppped at post #1265
it feels good to actually be playing mafia when my brain is in a state to be handling mafia and reading people
ask me any questions and i might respond before i leave (no promises)

1 Like

.>makes vaguely TMI reads which is his wolf modus operandi
.>when asked to explain those reads refuses to give an explanation
.>people are inevitably going to townread this because they do not know appearing blatantly anti-town is in lol’s scumrange

i do not understand why people don’t like the idea of killing this guy. the people with the most accurate takes i’d say were actually mac and porscha - that lol trolls as either alignment and it’s pretty hard to distinguish either of his games, but when he plays like this and does not want to make himself findable as town, i struggle to see both how people are townreading him and why people want to keep him alive.

don’t take this as me trying to level a policy elimination on him - i have found his mindset is wolfy this game. if he is town he isn’t going to be findable later because he isn’t elaborating on reads or co-operating. i refuse to believe he would tank a town game like he said he’s doing to make it easier when he does rand wolf, given that he rarely rands town and i do not think he would waste this opportunity if he randed town here.

for some reason, i didn’t actually care to push this much, because i’m not really interested in policy. but i wanted this read reiterated because the more i see people townreading him for bullshit the more i deem it necessary

2 Likes

this is what i dont understand

even if you are town in this game it won’t stop people scumreading you automatically

because you are literally doing the same shit

if you are town why dont you just make it obvious
i dont understand

2 Likes

i wanna say there’s a difference check between apo and arete but i have zero justification for it just trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat

if this is real, YBW isn’t w/w with either of apo / achro
that being said it gives me some awkward vibes
Arctic and Tutuu do you think this is genuine?

Agrees that he can’t read Achro… and then says he’s getting village vibes on Achro right after… and keep in mind the posts YBW quoted here are not far apart - there weren’t posts by Achro in between that would have changed his mind.

why do you think this?

town
icet
camgrrl
porscha

probably town
tutuu
zorvo
pigeon
jinxed

everyone else

• baker