April Showers Reconstructed - TOWN VICTORY!

i dont like how their still votingi me lol

I think MemeKingPizza is town.

I think Lee is town, and id rather Meme over Lee atm if their both town

-derps

Never said to assume this but your logics okay but like what do we get outta it if they do?

I got the sense that their anxiety as regards this game can come from being town and new, rather than mafia. His reasons for being on when voted check out for now, I think he has more town equity than Lee at least

what

1 Like

Ofc but the thing is you cant expect me to be confident im this stage on fm with me. Like sure you can say stubborn/scared. But the thing is im trying to learn by being a pawn on the board and watching on the front lines helping when i can as a support if someone is on something.

Im not sure what youre confused about here

-derps

well, what do you think? It’s definitely not nothing

Bionic?

I didn’t say be confident I said give me your own unique thoughts on the game???

-derps

Do you know anybody who’s really bad at being mafia? Who has clear tells one way or another when they’re evil?

They definitely exist. I used to post the same exact kind of esoteric towncase on Arctic every time I was a wolf, and treat him completely differently as town. He started to notice this, he was able to read me consistently, I kept doing it to an extent even after being aware of it because of how my brain works as wolf. It is undeniable that there are some cases in which a player can be easily read as town or wolf based on their behaviours, even on D1.

Okay, some players are very polarised. And it’s for a reason: the way they think as a wolf, pursuing different goals, is different from the way they think as town. Those mental phenomena should still apply to everybody else in a bit of a gradient, right? It’s rare that there’s harsh, binary cliffs in people’s behaviour. Almost everybody should have at least some subtle differences between their town and wolfgames - honestly, if they didn’t, they’d be a bad wolf, failing to push agenda. So why shouldn’t people be able to detect those differences? It might be hard, yes, but it’s undeniable that it’s possible.

Achromatic won over a dozen games straight on this site, he won every game he played for years, and he had great D1 read accuracy because he knew people’s tells, he was able to make something more than randomness out of reads. Not everybody is Achromatic! But it’s still very possible to make reads on D1.

And the other key part of this: even if your initial reads aren’t right, making D1 reads still helps town win. Let’s say you pick your reads at total random. I used to do this, I used to roll dice to get reads. You push a player. You vote for them, let’s say you manage to convince some people with your nonsense and put that player on the chopping block.

Playing completely naively, if they’re town, the wolves will be fine with this. If they’re a wolf, the wolves will be unhappy with this. And you can detect that! They’ll act unnaturally based on their agenda. If the wolves are smarter and try to defend town and push wolves to look good in the future… they’ll still act weird, they’ll still act unnatural. Pushing zeroth-order bullshit reads allows you to create better reads based on real alignment-relevant agenda or lack thereof. And if you just sat around and said “I have no reads”, you’d never get that.

:cat:

1 Like

Bionic one of my strongest town reads, mostly meta reasons and if they don’t improve tomorrow id be down to go for them tomorrow

-derps

I trust my townreads are good enough that cutting someone out who is not in them will at worst bring me closer to the wolfteam

im betta then achromatic what they gonna do

who is achromatic

and if Lee is just going to sit around and do nothing to help me read them further, I see no point crying over their execution either way

I cant tell if this is AI or like real

You are not better than me sorry.

Oh fuck off

:cat: