Baldur's Gate 3 uPick - Day 4 [8/13] - The Party Wins

Will you please vote correctly from now on? Sheesh!

lefia u just make no sense okay

like you challenge my townread on bionic even though u apparently agree
and now ur like haha poisn its bionic whoa

It’s NAI and why would a wolf ever do that? It serves no purpose at all and just makes me look suspicious. Even villagers can do things that look wolfy you know.

okay i will VOTE: Leafia

:scream:

1 Like

lol

Someone: Someone’s slot despite being one of the higher posters is very much underwhelming. Unfortunately though this is consistent with precedence in which Someone semi-refuses to do reads. I think the reaction to Jarek’s Innocent Child shtick was fine but overall this slot basically cannot be a confident read due to the nature of Someone in games. Overall I’d say this slot is Null Lean Wolf, as I think that some bits feel slightly stagnant and although Someone has asked some questions they feel unnecessary at times and as if Someone wants to rely on them later on.

Jarek: I think Jarek’s comments on slots are fairly straightforward and it’s like they’re not trying to stir the pot at all which would usually be wolfy, but certain posts such as this are slightly towny. As a wolf wouldn’t be wanting to be invited to a chat to steal a towny’s flavour thing when they already know that said towny would then push against them. This slot (Similar to Frost below) as a result is likely either T/T, T/W (Leafia being W) or W/W and I’d say that Jarek is a Moderate Town due to the aforementioned and the reads provided have been decent for now.

Frostwolf: I hate that I’m reading Frost due to the interactions with Leafia. But I think that a wolf wouldn’t do something to annoy somebody who’s not aligned with them so blatantly D1. This means either they’re T/T, T/W (Leafia being W) or W/W. Overall the posts feel really relaxed, I wish there was a bit more depth to them so we can actually read the slot for like… reads or something. But due to my Leafia read I’m bumping this up from what would be a Null Town Lean to a Moderate Town read.

Catbae: A slot which took a bit to get going and when he posted his first read of the game, originally it was a naked vote until Thunder asked for clarification. Overall I expect a bit more from this slot, with them being capable of providing reasoning upfront. Very much wishy-washy and seems to ask questions but somewhat about irrelevant things. This slot feels Moderately Wolfy but realistically due to a low post count Catbae is moreso just a Null Lean Wolf.

Leafia: Similar mech talk to myself quite early on in her ISO though I think it’s perhaps a bit too explicit and risks anticlaim nonsense - This being relatively NAI for her but I wanted to comment on that still. I think that the passion that Leafia had for the Fish thing is ironically towny because otherwise she would’ve kept it quieter and aside from this I like her reads even if I feel like some of them are a bit weak. She is Moderate Town

Bystander: The fact that 20 or so posts from this slot each time could easily be put into 1 post to make it feel more readable is frustrating. The interactions with Luka feel just fake and I 100% see these 2 doing wolf theatre since in games like this it’s fairly common for a wolf to flip at some point and now they can both say they’d pushed a bit against the other and been pushed against ‘so it’s clearly towny’. Yes this is me doing a SBPCBWWE thing but still it just feels like they’re trying to flood the thread with contributing very little of actual use. For a slot that asks people to provide reads, they’re not really providing any themselves and it feels like just filler and fluff to overwhelm so this slot is a Moderate Wolf.

Arctic: Honestly the first few posts feel super relaxed. Arctic doesn’t always play FM around here so I think it’s slightly towny entrance wise. This felt pure, an appeal to town to stop doing something which might harm us in the long run. Though I’m not sure why in doing so Arctic wouldn’t also warn about a potential anti-claim thing since we know hosts enjoy doing that. I think using meta to try and back up reads also shows a lot of effort including reads against me which ironically makes me like the slot more even if he’s misguided. This slot is currently Moderate Town however Arctic is a vary capable player so I urge players not to just clear Arctic all game even if you trust them at this time.

Thunderstorm: Considering that this slot is Luka, it’s not consistent with what I’ve seen with previous town games which is one of the biggest concerns I have. The posts between themselves and Bystander feel like theatre which I’ve seen in W!Luka games where they’re happy to bus a teammate early as long as it gains them credit before doing a backtrack on it to save them for a while and to be able to have the stored credit too for the best of both worlds here. The fact that despite a significant amount of posts being against Bystander that Luka then just fairly naked voted Arctic in comparison is strikingly off. Luka is my current Top Wolf and I would want to see more pressure on this slot as it feels just eerily similar to previous wolf games with a lack of similarity to their town games.

VOTE: Thunderstorm

Tutuu: Though the original couple of posts, similar to Catbae were kinda nothing posts. I think that the slot overall has shown a good level of thought on others as if trying to solve. I do want to see more from him content wise because I feel like a lot of the posts could easily just be consolidated into 1 for the sake of actual content. This shown a few of his thoughts but I would like a bit more depth on reads so that we can see a greater solve. The best post, although it is a fencepost overall is here because as town I often see this same thing in myself - Including in the Don’t Starve game where I switched my read for the win. This slot is Moderate Town overall.

Eskcanta: Some posts of this slot feel relatively stale and frozen, seems semi-experienced at the game yet a lot of the questions early are moreso mechanical / site oriented. Also in a UPick is asking things such as “Do have have powers that rely on (x) having a number of votes? Do we have executioner type roles in play?” when that’s… not something we’d know. I need to see a lot more from this slot read wise. The mechanical thing in response to me was fine, I think it’s probably one of the better posts in the ISO. Vibes feel off, posts are underwhelming and it feels like Eskcanta is just trapped being a wolf somewhere that they don’t know. This slot is a Moderate Wolf read.

Zone: Zone’s very transparent claims is annoyingly towny. As a town player he’s very much uncaring of anticlaim mechanics and this is consistent with that previous basis. It also sounds relatively realistic so I don’t think it’s like very fake and can be demonstrated at different points. Zone also feels like they’re trying to improve a bit on the Don’t Starve game and we managed to find each other as town there, so perhaps that’s happening this time too. I also like how Zone has similar thoughts to me regarding Leafia there. Zone’s my Top Town, though I want them to gain a bit of confidence and to try and do some reads to give more depth on this.

Bionic: The posts about/to do with Thunder feel unaligned since it would be over the top for partners and the posts about the neighbourhood with Leafia are slightly misguided (Treating it like a noble) but in what is quite a towny way. I think that the push against Leafia feels uninformed, having a read partially based on Leafia’s flavour thing instead of really providing others for us to be able to consider. Also has a slightly misguided sense of Neutrals in Mafia games vs BotC saying about a neutral changing teams which is uncommon here. There’s several things which I feel like Bionic’s partners would be trying to stop if they were wolf, so I think this slot is Null Lean Town.

3 Likes

I wasn’t challenging the townread itself and you know that.

VOTE: Someone

Going to fulfill Frost’s request right now.

It doesn’t help town, the fish could be a bad mechanic, specially considering the one who got the fish also got poisoned

i provided so many reads u a just too lazy to read my 300 posts dont pretend u read ong :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_head_bandage:

Leafia hops on the 2nd wagon to try to stay alive

no i dont

yoy LITERALLY CALLED BIONIC NOT VILLAGERY

if that isnt challening a read idk wtfym

Kiiruma TL;DR

Zone
Arctic > Frost, Jarek > Leafia > Tutuu
Bionic
Someone
Catbae
Eskcanta
Bystander
Luka (Thunderstorm)

1 Like

lol tras

*the reads

oh my god i hate it why am i like this

How is it a Naked vote when half of my posts early game have been casing them?
Quite literally last game was a game where I hard defended a teamate.
Arctic, whom has more experience w/ me, has already said we’re not w/w. This is either a poor case or a not real one.

everytime i speak i know i can make coherent stuff and explain stuff nicely bc communication is key honestly its thru my head faster than like whate and a literall rat threw up on mykeyboard and then it goes like

“lol treash” haha eo throw up on my keyboard

Interesting that you’re trying to push me harder then when this provides ammo for you to do so. Tell me why I wouldn’t do things differently if I was a wolf. If I was a wolf here, I’d have to be practically braindead to do things the way that I’ve done them.

Gg, I can ignore this slot entirely if they wolf read Esk.

luka!! lets kill !! VOTE: kiiruma