Bland & Flavorless Mountainous 15er - Mafia Winnered

this isnt a promise
its a threat

Also I feel like mafia in these games are those that push the town’s attention towards other people.
When Eliza is mafia she doesn’t get policy lynched.
When Phraze is too quiet she doesn’t get any sort of attention.

I remained out of examples

i am going to make another burger

aside from that, ggwp everyone, hosting was also pretty great from what i could see so thanks for that too

i think i’d say what town needed to win was a collective effort in stepping back and reconsidering slots that weren’t really being looked at - like marl/phraze and molly, two slots that were hardly talked about. in fact before day 3, all of the wolf slots were hardly talked about (even mine, despite me being one of the top posters).

i looked at everyone’s team guesses in spec chat when they died, and i think everyone had zero wolves except aro who had one, and jarek who had two (magnus did not make a guess). the wolf arogame suspected was phraze because he realized that she was being overlooked and miscleared too easily.

jarek is a different case because you can actually see the way he went about this in the game - i remember a post where he listed the 3 wolves in a group of 4 or 5 and said “these slots need to be given more scrutiny” followed by a vote on molly. he ended up having the best reads in the game, which is why he had to die before lylo. i think, if jarek followed through in actually going through the work of scrutinising those players, or inviting others to do so, town could have had a eureka moment and realized slots like phraze and molly were being let off too easily. i do remember may pointing out that molly had never been pressured much, so there wasn’t much in the way of reading into something like that - and sometimes that’s all that’s needed - as May did indeed start to correctly scumread molly after pressuring them during eod

if anyone has any questions about why I did anything I did i’m happy to answer

thanks again for playing and hosting

1 Like

i did see you say there were some errors which is why i said “from what i could see” as a player in the game but i don’t know how much effect those errors would have actually had

Homemade???

5%.

1 Like

I mean I figured out you and Molly, I just wasn’t sure on Prisma.

If wolves followed me early on we wouldn’t have an issue.

Marluxion F3 would have happened.
Probably would have been something like Marluxion/May/Prisma

ggs

Sorry to town and Arete in particular for kind of just turning into an emotional ball of potato and throwing out anything and everything I thought could remotely make you look scummy on my last day.

I knew in my gut that both the push on me from dead villager reads and my “interactions” with May were agenda-y and gave me the heebie-jeebies but I dismissed the former (which would’ve pointed to Marl being scum) because I was too confident in my ISO reads (which were actually terrible except for like May’s). I didn’t dismiss the second one but my focus was wrong. It was actually mostly Arctic who was doing the no commentary interaction posts but I zoned in on Arete because they responded to my posts and because I had been tunneled there for most of the game. I also didn’t catch - or rather I consciously ignored - the not w/w moment between them probably because I wanted to be right on Arete.

Thanks everyone for playing and Italy for hosting. Thanks to town for putting up with me for as long as you have because I know I wasn’t really as active and invested as I could have been. I’m going to try to never multitable ever again because I really can’t handle more than one game at a time but I was really tempted this time by the mountainous setup. :wowee:

edit: I wanted to add just for myself that things I could improve on in the future are

1. Take a step back if I get too emotionally invested in the game
  2. Rely less on ISO reads
  3. Work with other people more
  4. Don’t sign up for more than one game at a time
  5. Engage with more people
  6. OMGUS less and do it with a clear head
2 Likes

I was actually losing doubt in it but was like “it isn’t May or Arete” and I like Marluxion’s opening.

GJ on that opening, if it wasn’t for that I may have had you/Prisma as 3rd rather then 95% Prisma.

also @Magnus i know you admitted to making up your read on me, but your viberead of me being like vulgard in goat^2 was like… passable from a skim. even outside of that you had quite literally perfect reads so i commend you nonetheless. i needed to remove you from the game and i thought (apparently incorrectly) nightkilling you would make people listen to your reads, so my hand was forced

@Jarek you played this game very well and i hope you are more confident to push for your reads in the future. really good job

oh also the skill issue post from wolf chat was like on day 3 when everyone was still tunneling people incorrectly and most people had 0 or 1 wolf, town started to give me a scare particularly on the latter part of day 4 so i would like to rescind that comment

There was absolutely nothing wrong.
If Lemon didn’t do what they did you would have went over

And we would have won

I was planning to hard push you until Lemon stepped in

1 Like

Like, I didn’t play bad when I had 3 town reads be ML’ed cause of people.