Bland & Flavorless Mountainous 15er - Mafia Winnered

would need to double check on interactions but throwing it out there now in case I’m right

Despite everything I’ve said though I need to read the game more deeply.

morning

hi Vul, hi Marl

(am on mobile at work, going to respond to things one by one rather than all at once because typing wallposts on my phone sucks actually, but I figured I’d let people know I’m here especially since we have some European-schedule-people now)

For example, I’m starting to think Prisma is town because some of his posts suggest town POV. His pushes are really bad though, but I’m wrestling with the idea that they might be bad because he doesn’t know how to read people and just says what he believes might be alignment indicative.

They, it’s a nonbinary.

I’ll say I’m allowed to make this mistake but Zorvo misgendering Arete repeatedly despite having a ton of experience with them was bizarre to watch.

1 Like

A lot of their posts also polarize me.

Like, take this one for example.

On the one hand, this feels like a towny thought.
On the other hand, this feels weirdly cognizant of the nightkill and how they were reading Prisma.

Prisma has also tried to vote out Zorvo for trying to be a town leader which I could read either way. I really hate it but I can see it coming from town.

They’re also really self-aware.
I feel like both otter and Prisma’s pushes are really bad but in completely different ways.

It doesn’t even logically check out which is the biggest red flag from wolfrete

I’m going to summarize things better when I do a trustfall/distrustfall. I would also like to encourage everyone who’s reading this to do a trustfall and distrustfall of their own. If you don’t know what that is - a trustfall consists of you listing reasons for every player being town, while a distrustfall consists of you listing reasons for every player being mafia.

Idk how accurately I’ll be solving this way when I wasn’t in the game from the start but I will try.

The thing is, like I said, I think Arete was doing a lot of good stuff on day 1 that I would’ve done myself, then it all went downhill with the Zorvo push, subsequent arguing, and the Magnus yeet.

Specifically the part that was wolfy was everything after the flashwagon on you, your posting before that was mostly fine with a couple exceptions

Specific posts that stuck out to me:

(this is from before the flashwagon, about 13 minutes before EoD) - Eliza was the top wagon at this point, but you weren’t really doing very much to try to get people not to vote her, despite apparently thinking she was town? [not confident in this one in particular because there’s an obvious way I could be misreading your post; not going to just give you the way obviously]

this is your first post after the flashwagon builds up, it’s not like awful or anything but it doesn’t really have much of a sense of urgency? idk how to explain this and I don’t think it’s the strongest point

this post just sucks, like ‘I seriously considered voting you for it’ levels of sucking

it’s like – the sort of post you write, when you want to look super casual about the fact that you’re being flashwagoned, and act like it’s not a big deal to you and maybe make people think they’re stupid. it’s not the sort of post you write if it’s actually not a big deal to you and it’s not the sort of post you write if it’s a big deal and you’re being honest about it.

this post is trying to sound like disappointed/dejected/pessimistic but was written with zero actual emotion behind it (not that I’m saying you should ATE, it’s more like – honestly the thing it reminds me vaguely of is ‘severely depressed Arete trying to larp as someone with totally normal emotions’ but in game terms the thing it feels like is – you need to go through the motions of thinking it’s a bad thing that someone you townread is getting voted but you don’t actually feel that this is bad)

And none of this was Arete’s fault.

because Mist and I have fundamentally philosophically different approaches to nightkills, Mist is often scared to kill people who are on the right track whereas I am extremely pro killing people who are on the right track – Arctic has vouched for this and both Marl and Vulgard have wolfed with me and should be able to confirm

(I don’t know the details of the Umineko game and it’s possible there was also role stuff or something going on)

I mean the Magnus exe was kind of my fault, I did think he was a wolf and promote the wagon

It feels like W/W but I also think it’s too obvious at the same time so I’m just calling it W I don’t know if that makes any sense

Usually it isn’t the scum’s fault when villagers die, especially on this site :joy_cat:

the thing I was specifically trying to trip him up about was the TMI thing, it wasn’t like ‘I think he’s wolfy so I’m going to try to trip him up about something totally innocuous’ it was more ‘I think he did a specific wolfy thing so I’m going to challenge him on it and see what happens’

let me know if I explained that in a way that makes sense

Can you give any reads outside of Arete?