BOTC/BOTF Discussion Thread 2

super excited for courtier+flowergirl+summoner!!

With the amount of negative synergy for courtier yeah… it’s just going to not be on too many custom scripts which is a shame.

(To be fair though even without Courtier, Engi + Summoner is still an issue, you change Summoner into a different minion)

the clockmaker jinx is the most heinous imo because they just get blatant confirmation summoner is in play from the jump

1 Like

Clockmaker: You start knowing if a demon is in play. Once there is a demon you know the amount of steps between them and their nearest minion.

Honestly “You Start Knowing” characters are powerful in clocktower as is.
The fact that now Clockmaker has a big buff to it is not great

the fact that the summoner can create riot with only a relatively mild restriction on literally the night before the final riot day is. awesome

1 Like

Me: Already not a fan of Riot.
Summoner: Let’s just make the game even shorter. With what is basically 1 day of game time.

Steward

Knowing a good player is solid.
Plus if you work out it’s a Vortox game… you know you’ve learned an evil player.

Its pretty ass, especially cuz the good player can turn evil and you wouldnt know

Like you compare roles like that to Dreamer, its not even close

1 Like

Hey I said “YSK are pretty powerful”
I didn’t say they’re the best characters
(The Mutant isn’t a YSK after all)

2 Likes

I mean they are weaker then like every other type of Townsfolk character

Excluding nonsense roles like Cult Leader

Huntsman
Pacifist when there’s a DA on script
Sailor when there’s a DA/Lleech on script
Fool when there’s a DA/Lleech on script

1 Like

Agreed huntsman should be an outsider. Rest of them are only weak when evils have death immunity

if no DA/Lleech, then its really good

1 Like

Also like there are 65 townsfolk, I can easily name 2 stronger townsfolk for every 1 weaker one

1 Like

Also personally I find that sailor not being a 50/50 on drinking regardless of target is a tragedy

1 Like

Yeah but I mean at least some STs use it as a pseudo info-gathering character.

Did you pick the demon? You’re probably drunk
Did you pick a minion who acts that night / next day? You’re prob drunk
Did you pick someone the STs are trying to frame as one of those? You’re prob drunk
Did you pick someone who doesn’t care about being drunk (YSK on N2+, Outsiders etc.)? You’re prob drunk

If you pick the chambermaid for example you’ll probably be semi-immortal but in exchange for just making it so the chambermaid has nothing reliable.

1 Like