BOTC/BOTF Discussion Thread 2

Consider Pacifist as a stronger Tea Lady and you might see the idea here.

The way ST’s run pacifist is it only saves once per game usually

the zombuul sleeper agents aren’t gonna get me this time

True, but it’s also strong to know how your ability would most likely function in specific scenarios (in a different way).

You drank with the Moonchild and died last night? They’re probably evil. The 50/50 scenario only really helps with Demon-hunting and little else.

Yeah but the poisoner is the strongest minion in base 3, town poisoner would be even stronger

A lot of STs run Pacifist in a bad way. It’s a Townsfolk ability and should be generally run as such. Saving once is fine, since executions are usually important; but running Pacifist as a substitute to Tea Lady with equal power is the best way of running it imo.

It makes the role fun and useful.

1 Like

hm if only there was a character that was exactly like this and didn’t even have to figure out which player was the demon to shut them down

Poisoner isn’t the strongest Minion in base3, coincidentally enough, but I see the point you’re trying to make.

When it comes to the Sailor, if it was purely random, you would only be able to track observable events. On the first night, your ability is a borderline-Outsider. On later nights, choosing Townsfolk/Outsiders/Minions would have hidden effects you wouldn’t be able to usually determine, and in that case Preacher is just better. Choosing the Demon is great, but it’s not even guaranteed to do anything.

Even if you choose a player and nobody dies, you could’ve been attacked so you’d have to choose them again to confirm. Sailor would become a lot less dynamic as a result.

The 50/50 Sailor is generally outclassed by the Exorcist as a Demon hunter, given the uncertainty surrounding BMR’s kills anyway.

Somebody else said it was winrate wise

if you’re outclassed by fucking exorcist as a demon hunter you’re cooked. you gotta move on

Baron has the highest winrate ot all the base3 characters so far as I know. I could be mistaken, though.

…what has the lowest

To be fair, Exorcist just shreds Shabaloth (the most threatening BMR Demon).

I have no idea.

1 Like

probably goon tbh

Ah yes, the Minion Goon. We call that Pit-Hag Cult Leader.

i thought the zombuul/pukka/po was the deadliest demon in bmr

(wrong reply)

1 Like

you said all base3 characters and goon is predicated around being forced to be on whichever faction it’s inconveniencing the most

actually depending on how you count winrates it’s probably snake charmer. although whoever ends up being snake charmer is probably winning so at that point maybe it’s up there with baron