Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

this is my favorite wikipedia page PLEASE read it

2 Likes

Okay time to give it a read

Lawsonomy sounds like a weird neologism to even consider bringing into this world

bro had a 6.63 ERA in the dead ball era

3 Likes

thank you for pointing this out for me it makes everything that happens after that even fucking funnier

2 Likes

It’s important to be a guy who is dogshit at baseball. Nobody talks about how crucial this role in society is

1 Like

MEEEEE

1 Like

also, I should mention that his brother made a living by going around the country, founding baseball leagues, then running away with all the money, until he eventually settled down and became a KKK-alligned evangelical preacher, before pivoting to become an anti-KKK evangelical preacher

2 Likes

Alfred and George Lawson, two Guys we will never see the likes of again, though we might come close.

2 Likes

I could be a Guy

1 Like

while looking up the home run leaders to make a point (the 1890 home run leader has 14 home runs btw) I found out the second place finisher in home runs for the 1890 season was named oyster burns

1 Like

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/George_Lawson

1 Like

people don’t name their kids oyster anymore and i’m disappointed

1 Like

1 Like

Oyster burns? I sure hope it does! (I am not too big on oyster)

the worst cult leader to ever play baseball

2 Likes

i have too many hom,ones

look at this shit. it gets worse and worse the more you look at it

1 Like

apparently he first played for the wilmingon quicksteps, a team that i never even knew existed

1 Like

There’s gotta be at least one person who’s named themselves “oyster” after a Tumblr joke regarding nonbinary people and oysters