Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

We have to find Oyster

George Lawson was a notorious confidence artist, self-promoter and womanizer who was involved in a number of unsuccessful - and usually fraudulent - schemes to launch baseball leagues in the early part of the 20th Century.

1 Like

So this guy invented types of planes and then dived in the vices of Knowledgianisms and unbasedballing

no no, he did baseball first, then invented the concept of a commercial airliner, then invented LAWSONOMY

3 Likes

Oops wait, the part of unbasedballing is about his brother

LAWSONOMY

Oysters

i should mention that I know more about Lawsonomy than I reasonably should and its’ aesthetics fucking rule

look at this

1 Like

note that this does not once mention his baseball career. i wonder why

1 Like

Revealed God’s Eternal Method

MAGNIFICATION

2 Likes

This guy really had beef with banks.

He was not happy about loans

fucking HATE loans

it’s so fucking funny that in the middle of this there is one thing he actually did, which was help to establish the aircraft industry and built some of the first airliners, and then it goes straight to PENETRABILITY

3 Likes

He also developed his own highly unusual theories of physics, according to which such concepts as “penetrability”, “suction and pressure” and “zig-zag-and-swirl” were discoveries on par with Einstein’s theory of relativity.

I think other things was swirling in his head at the time.

1 Like

2 Likes

Why does the well stare at me back

Does it ask me to jump

do you guys want to read some quotes from some of his books (i have read some of them, they are available online)

1 Like

Weren’t planes in the early 20th century kind of unstable? I remember that’s how Amelia Earhart kinda died

yes and this guy did not help with that

1 Like