Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

they also became the pittsburgh pirates after this season. it was a nickname they got because once the pittsburgh team from that rival league bolted they also just. stole a player who was originally on the athletics and they got pissy about it

The Space Cowboys…

i suppose the Colorado Rockies are a bit of a goofy concept but like all things Rockies, the comedy is very subtle and takes a while to grow on you

1 Like

the alleghenys, to compare, had 17 pitchers on their roster at some point in the season. how desperate must they have been

the Rockies are secretly the funniest team active in MLB because of how incomprehensibly pathetic they are, and i genuinely don’t mean this as an insult

2 Likes

Being pathetic is an admirable goal that I aspire towards honestly

I’m doing well right chat

coooke thead

1 Like

two of them were called Crazy Schmit and Phenomenal Smith. Phenomenal Smith was not that phenomenal

3 Likes

it’s just that i genuinely don’t think anyone in the Rockies organisation knows what they’re doing, and they play in a stupid hell stadium where the ball goes wherever it wants for no reason

2 Likes

i can’t speak to the craziness of crazy schmit but his wikipedia page is pretty normal

1 Like

Am I pathetic [CORRECT ANSWER: yes]

a little yeah

1 Like

I’ve made it

1 Like

coors field is like, hilarious as a concept once you think about it

like “unfortunately there is not enough air in this baseball stadium so you can hit home runs more easily”

Non-standard stadium dimensions are such an awesome feature for a sport in general. The stadiums get to be guys. It’s important

no yeah as a Mariners fan i bear a distinct hatred for every single stadium in the AL West including my own and i wouldn’t change them for the world. Minute Maid Park needs to be a stupid hell stadium

1 Like

I don’t think about baseball enough anymore. I don’t have time in my schedule between the mahjong and Splatoon and forum mafia

Baseball is so good