Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

have i ever posted the angel stadium parking lot in the cookie thread

remember when minute maid park had a massive hill in center field. why did they remove that every field should have its own stage hazards

2 Likes

this is one of the least asinine (affectionate) things about angel stadium

1 Like

AL West? I hardly know 'er

1 Like

remember when minute maid park was named after enron

This post sucks

fucking EXACTLY
nobody got injured by the inexplicable in-play lampost on the inexplicable artificial hill in a stadium where left field is extremely short and high for no reason. just keep it there it’s fun

1 Like

the fact the hill is artificial is the best part. Astros management actively chose to put it there

the Mariners play out of a stadium actively designed to be hostile against every single hitter for no reason. you’re protected from the elements except for wind, which can still blow home run balls back into play, because fuck you

have you guys ever looked up the special ground rules for mlb teams they’re great

the Twins groundskeepers would actively blow the air into the stadium when the other team was hitting and out of the stadium when the twins were hitting while they were still in the metrodome and that’s as close to a mario superstar baseball/mario super sluggers stage hazard as mlb will ever get i think

2 Likes

unrelatedly the twins won two world series in the metrodome where the home team won every single game

2 Likes

the tropicana field ground rules contain extensive rulings on what to do if the ball gets stuck in a catwalk high above the stadium

1 Like

what compelled the rays to play in a dome in 1998. this was well past the point where domes were seen as cool

speaking of baseball the Mariners just lost to the Chicago White Sox when a throwing error on a base steal caused a walkoff error. this is frustrating but very very funny

1 Like

walkoff throwing error is pretty high in the walkoff tierlist, behind only the walkoff balk, my beloved

in 2013 the cardinals won a world series game off of a walkoff interference call

yeah see that’s good but it’s more comprehensible than a balk so it’s less funny
a truly funny walkoff leaves you not understanding what the fuck just happened

like a walkoff sttrikeout (dropped third strike)

i think it’s really funny that a pitcher can amass infinitely good FIP by having a ton of strikeouts (dropped third strike).

1 Like