Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

FIP only cares about strikeouts, walks/hit by pitches, and home runs. but it does it all per inning. so the better your strikeouts per inning the better your FIP is. of course, 3 is not the hard cap, so the best play for a pitcher’s FIP is, interestingly enough, a play involving a fielding error

note that this could easily be fixed by making it dependent on strikeout percentage instead. but that would make sense

pretty great win probability graph for this one

1 Like

this is about as quintessentially mariners as a graph can get

1 Like

yeah it rules i watch the team both for the wins and for losses like this one that are intensely comedic

besides, a loss like this is pretty much inevitable, it doesn’t diminish the hot streak the Ms are on lately

as a secondary mariners fan i am delegating my rooting interest to the mariners at this point. the team i actually root for is hopeless and it took a few months of copium for me to realize

1 Like

The gay… space… cowboys… cow… animal…

Is there any foler that doesnt wear glasses?

playing mafia is a fundamentally nerdy activity

1 Like

You could not have said that in a nerdier way

I have a desire to stuff u in a locker

i am fundamentally a nerd. what’re you gonna do about it the balkans are pretty far away from america

1 Like

Slap urself very lightly and imagine i did it

L nerd

I see people’s souls

1 Like

I don’t. But I want to because I think i’d look good in them. Also I tried on a friends glasses and I could see way better so I might like actually need glasses

1 Like

tutuu who are you as a person

1 Like

A coward most of the time with rare bursts of heroism as a coping mechanism to combat stress

2 Likes

Who are u geyde?

1 Like

A metronome that oscillates between extremely functional person and self-loathing slop pile, all trapped in a cage that doesn’t work well with my abilities (school)

2 Likes

Fancy way of saying nerd