Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

geyde is on the host team it will be done before October

@Arete

also @Arete

I was originally thinking of saying ā€œitā€™s like a house of leaves in hereā€ but decided this was a more apt comparison

when I initially started drafting it the plan was to run it from 11 AM to 5 PM US central time every day for about a month but that was back when I thought it might be viable to run it in the summer (lol. lmao, even.)

1 Like

The pitcher must throw the ballā€¦ unlessā€¦

thinking pragmatically, weā€™re probably going to have to cut it down to like 4 hours a calendar day rather than 6, and when those hours are will depend on Job Stuff

how long is winter break for americans?

usually 1.5 - 2 weeks

2 Likes

for high school

1 Like

for uni itā€™s longer

i thought my high school had a short winter break but 1.5 weeks is insane

1 Like

to be clear I have absolutely no idea about how to handle logistics for this so Iā€™m shoving that off onto people who get it better

1 Like

do you mind me saying that sounds like a problem

just donā€™t be in high school

1 Like

I do The Work on every project Iā€™m in lol

no

if the game is supposed to run for like
4 weeks
and the majority of the players, who are alive during ch3, are still playing and are probably going to be busy
since i assume over 50% of the people in it are in highschool, and are probably going to be the most active due to being kids and most likely to survive

1 Like

during the main processing times for the latter half of the game over half of the players Will Not Be There

1 Like

yeah thatā€™s part of why I was thinking we might need to cut down the Daily Active Time from 6 hours, so that people can play (or host) concurrently with school/work (obviously we might also move the scheduled times)

2 Likes

this is probably the main solution mhm

1 Like

as a seasoned member of the Doing Dumb Roleplay Game Hosting For Months, processing times really kills the game if not put right

2 Likes