Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

stellaris mash when

Who knew that tire swings designed for a single child and not for two 6ft+ adults were not the best ride. Not me. NOT me

4 Likes

based

1 Like

Exactly, if you haven’t read Soah’s article that I linked earlier, it’s a great article that discuss many of the problems with games that have too many posts.

I personally think that optimal town play is high WIM low posting.

The observed winrate in Soah’s analysis of games with lower average posts per phase from town already showed that town wins slightly more when they don’t post as much.

But I also theorize that town’s observed winrate in Soah’s analysis was dragged down by the fact that winrate is also positively correlated with WIM, and post count is also correlated with WIM.

So you have the confounding effect of high post counts implying high WIM which increases winrate, while also decreasing winrate for the negative effects of information overload.

But WIM doesn’t have to be correlated with postcount, it’s easy to fall into the trap of being enthusiastic about the game and overposting - especially when encouraged to do so by site meta and culture.

Instead I think optimal play is to spend less time posting and more time analyzing and processing the thread, and then composing their findings into posts that are easy to understand, process, and read.

4 Likes

i do think tho

that fol is differwnt then a lot of sites and thats okay ngl

like its clear our site probably has the most zoomers

people are bound to want to be more chatty in games

and i think thats okay. we do occasionally have games here with postcaps

at the end of the day like

if people here enjoy fast paced games thats just how it is. we can be different. i think we’re fine. people are absolutely encouraged to host games with whatever sort of rules. as long as theyre fair like. nya

3 Likes

I also agree with everything you said, in my post I was specifically talking about optimal play when you’re optimizing town win rate. Optimizing for player enjoyment yields different results, and is honestly the more sane thing to optimize for anyway.

5 Likes

based based based

1 Like

i think that

fol is really awesome

2 Likes

i mean theres def a reason why i couldnt actually quit being here :skull:

1 Like

I’ve not really played on FoL, but all the people I’ve met from this site have been super awesome.

I gripe about hyperposting because the people here are cool, but I loathe hyperposting, so I can’t really play here :joy_cat:

5 Likes

real

1 Like

i dont think its wrong that people are chatty during games, and like lumi said player fun is more important but also stuff like this (and no offense to litten)

is sort of hard to play both with and against (thoug to be slightly fair it was a botf and not a regular FM game with elimination)

3 Likes

understandable!!

everyone is always welcome to just hang out in cookie thread nya

4 Likes

cookei thread cookie thread

2 Likes

remember when eevee made an alt called 10_Posts_Daily and made 10 posts each day phase

7 Likes

(and then broke his cap and subbed out but that’s not the point)

3 Likes

@First_10 ?

how could i forget

W
O
W O W

B F A
F
A

nah this was on the old site

1 Like

im pretty sure it was when alts were explicitly illegal too no?

1 Like