I could, if I knew how, which I don’t

1 Like

that’s why you’re learning
first thing
do you know the ranking of hands in poker

Roughly

1 Like

would you like an explanation or are you confident enough to skip to the rules

ngl i’ve never clicked your pfp, and until now i thought it was a guy taking a mirror selfie

4 Likes

I can skip to the rules. We love skipping in this chat

1 Like

alrighty

every player draws 5 cards
they look at their cards
everyone can pick any number of cards in their hand and immediately trade them out to draw the same number of new cards, but they can only do it once
after this, if gamerule.betting = true, the psychological warfare begins

1 Like

Let’s skip to the part where May dips to sleep and avoids learning

1 Like

betting is simple
every player can do one of 4 things: raise, call, check or fold
raising as the name implies raises the amount of money you put on the table (or whatever currency you use)
calling is raising your bet to the highest bet on the table
checking is essentially saying you are okay with the state of the table (but can only be done if you cannot call)
folding means you surrender your hand and all the money you have on the table, but don’t need to meet a bet
you CANNOT be lower than the highest bet on the table, you either meet it or you fold

1 Like

once everyone has checked, they show their cards
whoever has the best hand wins
in the event of a tie, high card wins (pair of aces beats a pair of kings)

1 Like

also if everyone folds then the winning player can hide their hand if they so desire, leaving you in permanent suspense as to if they actually had a better hand or not

1 Like

there’s also big blind and little blind which force you to place a bet as hands are dealt to prevent stalling

1 Like

Huge blind, where you perform the betting proccess before the cards are ever dealt.

2 Likes

i didn’t mention this but traditionally (especially in a betting environment) there will be a dedicated dealer who hands out cards, you don’t draw them yourself
in less professional environments this is usually a rotation between players (the ones who actually know how to deal)

2 Likes

was that so bad

1 Like

What the fuck is checking

its when your king is able to be taken if it doesnt move

1 Like

I am dead now (know how to play poker)

1 Like

skipping your turn in the betting round if you’ve already met the highest bid