Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

anyways i gtg so will catch up in de morn

1 Like

cook

brokeback mountain has obvious written-by-woman-itis but I still thought it was good just for being a movie about a mlm couple where itā€™s not two conventionally attractive teenage boys and instead about, like, two masculine adult men in a way that was realllly ahead of itā€™s time for 2005

1 Like

I love brokeback mountain

Itā€™s not perfect but
eh

I thought moonlight was really good and touching aswell. it is a movie very much about being a Black Gay Man and obviously not having those expeirences means I donā€™t think it had the impact on me it would for people in that demographic but it was super thoughtful and didnā€™t really play into ~any cliches

2 Likes

Iā€™ll look into it

I tend not to focus on queer media when in all likelihood I should

1 Like

Itā€™s not a movie where a lot happens. Itā€™s very much a slow-paced coming-of-age which some people donā€™t like but I loved it because it allowed the MC to be very explored

I tend to like a lot of things despite their godawful rep
like most things from the manga industry

holy shit shounen is a cesspool genre

1 Like

i really like queer media (specifically trans media) because itā€™s cool to feel seen. Wandering Son is still my favorite anime probably (despite theā€¦ the realllllllllly terrible ftm rep) because itā€™s such an intimate portrayal of growing up trans

1 Like

I like the manga better but the anime is also really beautiful/music is great, itā€™s just really ā€œwell shotā€ despite being a lot shorter

I love love love chainsaw man though I give it a strong recommendation
The cast is stellar, especially the female side of things

1 Like

I was watching Clue (1985) with Chicago Meetup Gang a few days ago and thinking that Mr. Green was shockingly good gay rep for 1985 but then at the end it turned out he was straight all along :joy_cat:

Itā€™s not very queer, but it does have gay characters and those are handled genuinely well for the genre

1 Like

lmao

wayyyyyy too violent for me but iā€™m glad you like it :sweat_smile:

(my headcanon is that he actually is gay and the line about how heā€™s going to go sleep with his wife is designed to maintain appearances with the rest of the FBI. this is clearly not authorial intent but it honestly makes way more sense? like we know he was getting blackmailed for being gay, and also who on earth says ā€œI am going to go home and sleep with my wifeā€ unironically?? and itā€™s not like he could just admit it to the FBI if he wereā€¦)

1 Like

oh yeah I kind of forget that people have boundaries regarding what is ok or not for them

I will endeavor to remember that with my recs lmao