Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

“today I will randomly come out to my girlfriend’s evil father whose opinions on transgender issues I do not know and who I have no reason to tell. I have known him for less than a week”

1 Like

“when I do this I will sound like a Tumblr post from 2015”

1 Like

I don’t even know what the purpose of this character existing even was

Basic storytelling every character serves a purpose in the story yatta yatta

I still have not seen s5 tbc

I think maybe he’s supposed to set Claudia up for a redemption arc? given that at the end of the s4 finale we see him influencing her to be Marginally Less Evil

1 Like

I guess they will have a climactic ‘choose between him or me’ moment

I somehow think this will be fucking terrible and could better be served by using her brother in that choice instead

1 Like

y’know
the character they’ve given a lot more time toward developing the relationship between rather than this new guy who just is here now

s5 spoilers

Summary

at the end of the s5 finale Viren appears to have decided to Just Die rather than going through the ~blood sacrifice that Aaravos wants him to

(I don’t really expect him to actually die, we see him decide but we don’t see him dead and there’s still two seasons to go)

which is weird if Claudia is going to have to choose between him[evil] and Anyone Else[good]

ok now I’m confused
what is the story supposed to be about now?

Summary

also for some reason instead of leaving the magic rock controlling access to Aaravos’s prison in the extremely inaccessible underwater location where it previously was, Callum + Ezran + co are just taking it with them? despite Aaravos having previously, on-screen, taken control of Callum’s body? I’m sure this will go extremely well for them :slight_smile:

(no they do not explain why they are doing this)

1 Like

I guess Aaravos??

1 Like

I mean it’s literally in the title now

Aaravos desperately needs other villains to exist to be interesting

Summary

the spicy option that they’re not going to go with is Callum as the big bad (we did see him use ~dark magic~ again this season)

but the showrunners don’t have the guts to actually do that

1 Like

they brought in a new one this season but he died before the season ended and ultimately served as ~a plot device more than anything

I guess they might go somewhere with Magic Corrupted Zubeia but I bet that gets resolved before the end of season 6

oh there’s also Karim and co. but he stopped being Interesting after s4 (he was actually interesting in s4 but imo that arc is worn out at this point)

god this is just

alright I’ve been playing dragon age origins and the two major villains are the archdemon (far off, mysterious, decidedly endgame) and teryn loghain (we literally talk to him multiple times and his villainy is very frontloaded)

and it works because his impact is in your face all the time

1 Like

I really liked viren because he was active as shit and had big impact constantly