Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

Also by opening the homework and figuring it out

Sometimes by opening the test and figuring it out but we donā€™t talk about that and also usually Iā€™m successful

I wish I wasnā€™t dumb in middle school. In Romanian class my teacher was teaching verb tenses and because I was a big noob I didnā€™t understand a shred of theory despite knowing it very clearly in retrospect when I went to explore it again in high school.

Literally sMa(y)rt

I pay attention like a NOOB

Hadnt seen a differential equation once when I opened the AP Calc exam :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: Got a 5

somehow

Probably not smart actually this is a bad idea dont do it

At least it wasnā€™t integration by parts.

I took college calc cause high school courses bad for me schedule wise and I was like ā€œyeah thatā€™s the same as AP calc Iā€™ll be fineā€ & didnā€™t bother studying at all

AP Chem I thought the exam was in late May. Turns out it was in early May. Learned this in late April. Did not attend any of the actual classes or do any of the coursework so I had to learn all the material in like a week or two. I do not know what is up with the average American high school student that meant I got a 5

1 Like

see for normal tests i dont study. ā€œyou donā€™t even look over the notes?ā€ no, that takes away precious time from sending Town of Salem memes to transsexuals over the internet.

but for AP tests iā€™m a studycel. i be studying that stuff. same with the SAT. i be doin study guides and stuff

2 Likes

Studying feels like jumping into a pit of acid to me

1 Like

I will do. The homework. Sometimes. It has a definitive start and end. Thereā€™s goal setting you can do there. Itā€™s like video games. I used to do little tricks to optimise the number of points I could get done before midnight (which gives you full credit) versus after midnight (which is 75%). Studying has no definitive start or end point. Therefore it is a pit of acid that will dissolve my bones

Essay due in more than one week? Pit of acid that will dissolve my bones. Essay due in more than one day more like. Listening to lecture? Pit of acid. Emailing professor? Pit of acid. Staying after class or going to office hours to ask a question? Pit of acid

1 Like

i have a good standardized test track record (4/4/5/5 AP scores, 1500/1520 PSAT 1550/1600 SAT) but thatā€™s not super fair because i avoid stem like the plague .

I didnā€™t even take the environemntal science test despite being in that class and getting such a high score on the practice test that the teacher had to ask me if i was okay with increasing the curve more because otherwise the class average would be lowered too much. Not for me. no stem. i am decidedly NOT a woman in stem

Itā€™s remarkable how many things will dissolve my bones

become uneducatable

Really should ask about ADHD meds shouldnā€™t I

Studying is also kind of done inefficiently.

The way memory works is by taking breaks from learning (spaced learning) and also to revisit it constantly. The more you donā€™t cram test and do repetitioned learning, the more it actually sticks.

Itook adderall once and I like did soooo many things it was magical I did work that was due in more than 1 day and made dinner and then coffee cake and so much. And then I didnā€™t sleep at all