Cookie Thread Act 2: Silksong

this is why you should be a fol mod

1 Like

The dress bites back

1 Like

I sent in an application and then I didnā€™t follow up on it for a week because I was literally moving into my dorm at hte time

1 Like

revenge of the judge when

I was like ā€œwell Iā€™m really tired and while I could in theory carve out the time & energy for this I donā€™t think itā€™d be a good idea to take on new moderation work if itā€™s a burden to even fill out an applicationā€ and then after the first week I immediately started having way more time. Oops. I still have other work to do it still wouldnā€™t have been wise to actually follow through

1 Like

i was not 18 :pensive:

Remind me to ping for foddart for the battle like soon or whatever

1 Like

You donā€™t love arguing

1 Like

I love arguing when Iā€™m not tearing myself up over the concept of getting caught as wolf, is the thing

1 Like

itā€™s true none of the other mods have any obligations. sometimes they take it as an invitation to make their sleep schedule messed up to the point where theyā€™re not actually around at the peak hours where things that could be moderated might happen

3 Likes

Have you tried not being caught as a wolf

1 Like

Like you can see me visibly do better when I can focus on a single argument with a single person over losing my mind over every single lsot in the game simultaneously. Igo tmore confident in Wild West II when I was fighting Jarek, in the fuckin Litten Game when I was fighting Animal

2 Likes

I actually tried that recently and I got better at wolfing funnily enough

2 Likes

Or even more specifically: in the F3 of the Sorc17er, when I was trying to play indecisive townie and fool both people in the F3 at once, which was fucking stupid, I was terribly anxious and also very very wolfy. I improved (moderately, I had a lot going on and wasnā€™t handling things super well) when I instead focused on a single player at once. Like I can get into the swing of things when Iā€™m just having One Argument

2 Likes

When itā€™s ā€œI donā€™t care if this person thinks Iā€™m a wolf, I just want to win, I just want to convince the bystandersā€, Iā€™m fine, I have a ton of fun. Lying is scary. Arguing is not. You know?

how to win as wolf - litten guide

And my least bad wolfgames come from when I can get myself out of ā€œlying modeā€ and into ā€œarguing modeā€. Like even in the bad ones I had little flashes of fun when I just found a wolfy townie and 1v1ed them for a while. You could see me go ā€œthis is good, Iā€™m fine actually, wolfing is greatā€ and hten someone would throw any little bit of suspicion my way and Iā€™d go back into ā€œFUCK I HAVE TO FOOL ABSOLUTELY EVERYONEā€ mode

2 Likes

And I think the ā€œI have to fool absolutely everyoneā€ just comes from perfectionism. Which is a bad wolf trait. I lost my first wolfgame despite playing well and then I got completely obsessed with having the Perfect Game because surely if playing well but not perfectly = almost win then playing perfectly = win right. And so I would completely panic every time I got suspected even slightly because ā€œif I donā€™t play perfectly I loseā€ and such

1 Like

The only thing I love more than arguing is psychoanalysing myself

The perfect being, huh? There is no such thing as perfect in this world. That may sound clichĆ©, but itā€™s the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it. But, whatā€™s the point of achieving perfection? There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing. I loathe perfection! If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination. No place left for a person to gain additional knowledge or abilities. Do you know what that means? For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair. It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never to obtain perfection. A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antimony. In short, the moment that foolishness left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost. Of course, thatā€™s assuming you are a scientist

Winning is more fun than being perfect