Cookie Thread Act 2: Silksong

It took me a while to understand clockwise literally meant clock wise

1 Like

I still sometimes have to visualise a clock Iā€™ll admit

1 Like

Some people just need To Be Told

Like she can figure out left and right just not at the speed you need for callouts in Splatoon

1 Like

Itā€™s less ā€œnot having a way to figure it outā€ and more ā€œhaving to think about it firstā€ which is the issue. Which having reference sticky notes helps with

1 Like

Like, I, and I assume you, donā€™t have to literally think back to the last time I wrote and determine which hand I used to write to know left from right. I just have an intuitive understanding of it. Knowing which hand you write with helped you gain that intuitive understanding over time, by referencing it over and over again. If you are 25, you have definitely had to think and reference left and right plenty of times. Sometimes people just donā€™t gain the intuition for w/e reason. Like my teammate. Or my grandmother.

1 Like

And I assume not having ā€œdominant handā€ thing to fall back on (because itā€™s inconsistent) makes it harder to have that feeling of anchoredness. Google says left-right confusion is common and associated with various things like dyslexia, also.

1 Like

Yeah I just feel my right hand whenever I think right now

1 Like

Many of the Salmon Run maps have giant fruits speared on sticks in the far background, so when playing with her, weā€™d always navigate by the maps. ā€œFlyfish coming up by kiwiā€, etc.

1 Like

Fuck. My laundry

flyfish coming up by the kiwi

1 Like

Not by the kiwi. Just kiwi. Kiwi is a direction, like left or right. Kiwi, pineapple, mango. And so on

1 Like

flyfish coming up by kiwi?

1 Like

Correct.

1 Like

What the hell is a flyfish

This

2 Likes

Our team posted ā€setup checksā€ and thereā€™s something fucking Up with all of us. As previously mentioned someone has the L and R sticky notes. Someone has a massive pile of mail covering their entire desk and had to carefully inspect the photo for addresses. I was drinking out of a bowl because I ran out of cups. And then one was just a very zoomed out picture of a Switch Lite on the floor

he seems like a happy guy

DO NOT BE FOOLED.

First half of a sentence doesnt count

1 Like