Cookie Thread Act 2: Silksong

Get managed idiot

1 Like

Like, often Tetras will paint more than an Aerospray, the most efficient and paint-focused gun in the game. Thatā€™s not because Tetras are better at painting. Thatā€™s because the Aerospray dies 12 times or is stuck in base because it canā€™t fight for shit, while Tetras are actually able to dive enemy ink

1 Like

The most paint-focused guns are generally middling at best in ranked modes and nobody plays Turf War (hte pure ā€œwho can paint the most groundā€ mode) competitively in the West. Aerospray is a meme weapon. Itā€™s meta-defining in Turf but nobody here gives a shit

1 Like

Whatā€™s the mode you guys are playing

Except Nintendo who seed their official tournament brackets with Turf War which ends up with wild results because nobody here practices Turf War

1 Like

Right here weā€™re playing Tower Control, which is you ride a tower along a set path into the enemy base. You stand on the tower it goes forward, they stand on hte tower it goes backwards. Tower rider is obviously very vulnerable to enemy fire so you gotta clear out the path ahead of the tower before you move it. This is my worst mode

1 Like

Itā€™s like the robot thing in overwatch?

Iā€™ve never played an Overwatch

Itā€™s a bot you baby sit and if your team is near it, it goes towards the enemy base, while reverse if other thing happens

My weaponā€™s strength is its mobility and having the tower moving through all your Areas makes it get boxed in, blocks rolls. Itā€™s also a very, likeā€¦ not so much positioning-dependent, but, likeā€¦ you have to think a lot about where youā€™re pushing up to. You want to be just ahead of the tower, clearing out the perches enemies can shoot at it from and then holding them while you wait for the slow-ass tower to move forward, and my default thought process goes ā€œam I being actively shot at? If no, hold forward some moreā€ which is not conducive to not overextending and wiping

Yeah that sounds about right

1 Like

If I got invested into splatoon I would probably do so much research into positioning before I even touched it lmao

Thereā€™s a similar mode called Rainmaker where you push the objective into the enemy base, but in that case itā€™s a special weapon carried by a player, and Iā€™m better at that one because, like, the player chooses how fast they move. Youā€™re slightly slower with the Rainmaker but you can still any% speedrun by pushing all the way into the enemy base and having them follow behind. Tower you have to have TIMING

2 Likes

i LOVE rainmaker

i LOVE make it rain

gholdengo is a very balanced addition to the gen 9 meta and doesnā€™t perpetuate a hazard stacking meta that renders the tier inhospitable without heavy duty boots

1 Like

Off topic Bookworm makes me genuinely angry at the villains

This is probably because this is the first competent villian the series has seen and itā€™s out right horrible whay tbey are doing

If youā€™re frontlining the optimal positioning ends up super conditional on what the game looks like cause thereā€™s such a wide variety of weapon types in the game that ā€œwhere can I stand to not get shot atā€ is not a question with one definitive answer. Positions that are perfectly safe from a regular gun will end up very vulnerable to someone with a literal bucket of ink sloshing over walls without line of sight, or someone lobbing bombs at you, or a special that fires chip damage lasers through walls. Splatoon positioning is something you learn in your hands before your head

1 Like

Backlining is a different situation cause thereā€™s only so many places with good sightlines you can stand. There are positioning maps out there for backliners that literally show you the exact spots to stand