Cookie Thread Act 2: Silksong

I’m the same way. It’s not an apathy issue.

1 Like

Like, this is analogous to my own life.

1 Like

this is just a fundamental attribution error test. clearly the kid already has a soccer ball and a bicycle (or the bike isn’t their size and it’s clearly just for the parent who bought it)

1 Like

The child has undiagnosed chronic pain and all forms of exercise are deeply and intensely miserable and they assumed their whole life that other people who seemed to enjoy them were just particularly masochistic.

1 Like

No yeah I’m the same way

1 Like

Why did none of you consider that the kid might’ve just been greedy?

Story’s already seen these scenarios, obviously.

that’s what fundamental attribution errorcels want you to think

3 Likes

Though I don’t really get upset when other people do, either. I just… don’t get upset.

I did, you asked an open question, not my entire thoughts on the scenario

1 Like

because we sadly have hearts

1 Like

i never considered it. i dont know the kid. im somehow quite optimistic as a person so i assume the best of the kid not the worst

1 Like

You don’t know the kid, why are you assuming the best when judging why the kid could be upset? Instead of a range of possible reasons.

Responses

Summary

(You will learn the correct answers later.)
Second scenario coming up.

There is no correct answer this seems rigged

Generally assuming the best allows for the best communication with others

Assuming the person has the best intentions you mean?

1 Like

Like if you go into a conversation assuming someone is just greedy you will always have bad outcome. If you go into conversation assuming they have a legit reason to be upset you either have a good outcome or you were wrong. And if you were wrong no harm no foul just walk away

Yeah

i don’t assume the best i will admit i did immediately jump to the greedy conclusion. but the fundamental attribution error is bad and you’ve gotta overcome those instincts