Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

the storyteller can give you literally any ability they want. no matter how insane

it doesn’t have to have any precedent. and you get to guess what it is!

for the record if you were actually an investigator you would’ve totally been prompted to choose people and get results, even if you didn’t know what those results meant. so i winced when you said you got a warm on that

its important when youre randing digital BOTC to state which player wouldve been handed the bag first and last, that way erach player knows how much agency they WOULDVE had when picking their role

its also imporatnt to re-rack during this stage, and cliam that “a player pulled out two tokes at once and saw both so now we have to restart bc they have extra info”. it adds to the realism

4 Likes

I mean, that was not the reason I got caught (I got caught on something; would love to know what that something was).

Also, gummy and [other person] were talking through night, so I was hoping Arete would intervene or something.

you got caught because they figured out that i was widow and pushing a little too hard for the savant poisoned world

Real

1 Like

yeah i was a little annoyed when they were just solving the game during night phase. they shouldn’t be able to do that, that’s what day phase is for!

1 Like

Ah.
Ok, that makes sense.

Yeah, it pretty much gave [other person] an exclusive stage to pitch things to gummy.
Don’t think it would’ve really mattered (which is why I think Arete didn’t bother intervening), but that was annoying.

i should’ve eschewed game integrity and pitched my world during the night too

(disclaimer: my world was nonsensical and required, at minimum, that an amne ability poisoned myself or the savant)

• the storyteller can make up any ability for you (it doesn’t have to be an on-script ability, or even an ability that exists in all of Clocktower) – you did figure out this one eventually
  • if you would be prompted to do something with that ability, they prompt you to do so, and give you any feedback you’d get, but don’t tell you what it means
  • your questions don’t have to directly be “is my ability [x]” – you figured this one out too

so for example, let’s say your ability is “Each night*, choose a player. You learn how many vowels are in their character name.”

on night 1 you aren’t woken up (you’re an each night* character, not an each night character)
on night 2, you are woken up and asked to choose a player. You pick Fred, the Empath. You learn a 2.
on night 3, you are woken up and asked to choose a player. You pick Arete, the Snake Charmer. You learn a 4.
etc.

now, on the other hand, let’s say your ability were “once per game, during the day, chose a player. the storyteller reveals their role to everyone.”

in that case you probably would not be prompted to choose a player (just like how slayer isn’t)

1 Like

I was just hoping Arete would go on and be like, “Hey, that’s cheating,” before executing [other person] and giving the win to us.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense now.

There was also a part of me that was hoping I was Lunatic and was thus hoping for a Balloonist claim.
Unfortunately, nothing of the sort came.

I was busy trying to figure out what Savant info to give to [player] (then it didn’t matter because you all nominated before she could ask for it)

technically RAW people are allowed to talk about the game during the night, though it’s common for Storytellers to disallow it (and it’s basically never allowed to use that to metagame - e.g. you couldn’t say “oh wow I’m the Empath and I just woke up”)

1 Like

honestly probably could’ve storyteller meta’d that they wouldn’t put in both savant and amnesiac for the sake of their own sanity

but i didn’t even think about that. since i obviously knew the savant was legit and the amne wasn’t