Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

shoutout to the person who literally actively refused to play it with me bc i wasnt 18 even though i had already played it multiple times before genuinely the best thing anyone from that site’s ever done for me

2 Likes

gnight

3 Likes

Most May anecdote

2 Likes

i know i had internet access at too young an age but i don’t remember my young internet escapades. besides accessing youtube videos from potter puppet pals and getting away with it because i was still on the potter puppet pals site. good times

2 Likes

it was either that or walkthroughs for flash games. i wasn’t allowed on youtube proper but i watched sooo much youtube

1 Like

I never really accidentally saw anything NSFW? I was always intentionally seeking it out. Whether I should have been seeking it out when I was? Shrug. Dunno. But I certainly didn’t feel traumatised except when others tried to make me feel so.

2 Likes

i still hold a special place in my heart for wikimedia commons cuz my kindle paperwhite could access wikimedia commons n so I could look at like “shirtless men” on wikimedia commons when I was 10 n not feel guilty cuz I was doing research because it was wikipedia

5 Likes

I had a whole crisis over it when I was like 10. “Everyone says I should be traumatised forever by this stuff and I don’t really feel that way so am I just extra traumatised?” I don’t think I was, really.

2 Likes

my experience was opposite, i didnt have moderation / someone watching over in group social situations. usually they turned out horrible and aggressive and i lacked control over the situation. my best experiences were one on one coz then i was left at peace; wasnt messed with. i grew used to talking in group settings online if i feel comfy, id probably need to get drunk to do it irl. ive been told im really fun and cool when i get drunk, get rid of inhibitions. but at sober state i get so anxious. one on one has always felt the best for me, safest. coz i have more control over the situation

1 Like

I would navigate to a normal page like “cat” and just click links until I got to the pages I wanted… because I didn’t want to get in trouble for typing it into the search bar… plausible deniability

1 Like

SO REAL

3 Likes

this has made me so good at wikipedia races

3 Likes

literally u just highlight any word on kindle paperwhite and it would take u to the wikipedia page for that word and then from there u just gotta know the links to click

3 Likes

cat would be really easy cuz you could go straight to human → human body (booba)

3 Likes

Yeah. Different experiences. I was usually on some kind of place with some kind of moderation, or otherwise in a splinter group of a moderated place with friends, so there was always a set of social expectations there. Even when there were no mods, people just had a sense of “following the rules”. We were in a separate unmoderated chatbox and my friend got mad at me for saying no when he asked if he could swear. I was worried my parents would look over my shoulder.

2 Likes

My Kindle had a dictionary and when I was bored I’d just go to normal words and look for sexual definitions of them

3 Likes

lmao

Notably, he still ASKED if he could swear. Bitch you asked why are you mad that I said no

3 Likes

i wish i grew up in an environment where kids would be so polite they’d ask for permission before swearing from their friends

Warrior Cats site everyone was a sheltered Christian kid. And/or closeted transgender kid

2 Likes