Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

I like when numbers go because I do not have to think about it

this is part of why iā€™m bad at differential equations i think. too many applications. i donā€™t care about the mixing tank or whatever just give me raw numbers give me proofs

If itā€™s numbers you can get a perfect grade on everything. If you do the numbers right. Any kind of subjective or creative project they can take points off of

1 Like

LMAO

youā€™re all fake homophobics because youā€™re gay

iā€™m the only real homophobe around here whereā€™s my award

3 Likes

Excuse you. Iā€™m straight

2 Likes

marissa did you not go to school

1 Like

youā€™re actually allowed to graduate from high school without taking calculus here. itā€™s a secret tech called not being in the advanced math program

1 Like

Youā€™re allowed to graduate from high school without taking calculus here itā€™s a secret tech called ā€œBoringā€

1 Like

To be fair I think most things are boring

Community billboard Really liked Mankey for a while

Damn iā€™m like the opposite
I canā€™t learn things well if I canā€™t apply them practically or visualize them
Memorizing numbers and equations and Random Words is hard, I need to actually weigh the shit out or dilute things myself, or see a diagram/image
Straight up numbers on a page hurts my brain

1 Like

oh memorizing equations is hard. sometimes i derive equations from first principles because i forget them. sometimes i also do this just to feel something. i love derivation from first principles

3 Likes

no. I took pre-calculus in 10th grade and didnā€™t listen to any of that. I took ā€œā€"ā€œstatisticsā€""" (we kinda just talked about basketball) senior year because i didnt want to learn calculus. now im taking business calculus and am not listening to any of that

1 Like

wow this is wild

iā€™m a math major itā€™s my job to be abstract and derive things from other things

applications are NOT my job. if i wanted to do that iā€™d major in applied math or stat or, god forbid, physics

My AP physics teacher hated me and iā€™m convinced itā€™s cuz i looked gay

Pretty based tbh

6 Likes

the majority of my course is maths and specifically calculus but it is mostly applied

the only thing that wasnā€™t maths is programming which i had like one module on in first year and learnt nothing

1 Like