Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

Chicken hands. Kill them with your mind

In earlier rooms people don’t know how to build scoring value and are just going to win as fast as possible with whatever they’ve got. They are dumb and stupid however and will do this even when they’re behind on points in All Last, causing them to literally throw the game by winning. You hit one mildly slower but higher-value hand in a game and you’re set, and you coast on that until you get out of Bronze Room at least

arete says things? it’s… okay chloe beat me booo

2 Likes

I like this post a lot.

man just fuck you how am i supposed to do this without a calculator

3 Likes

“Don’t worry we ll find her”
Her position:

1 Like

it’s just the power rule 3 times

2 Likes

one of the terms is to the -3/4, one of the terms is to the -4, one of them is just a term of x. i’ve seen grimier

3 Likes

i dont like it

1 Like

hey marshal, you know the quadratic formula? there’s also a cubic formula and a quartic formula

1 Like

this is the cubic formula
Untitled

1 Like

and this. is the quartic formula
Untitled

1 Like

perhaps mercifully, there doesn’t exist such a formula for any polynomials of higher degree

1 Like

I had forgotten about this article

1 Like

Truly this is the chip debate column of all time

Summary

the derivative of (some stuff added together) is just (each of the individual derivatives added together), then do what Benguin said

for the fraction one you also need to remember that a^(-b) = 1/(a^b), and that fractional exponents are the same thing as taking the root (e.g. a^(1/2) = square root of a) (this one is hard to explain on mobile)

if you combine all of those individual pieces of information you should be able to get there

1 Like

Hey Arete what day is it

1 Like

Thursday

1 Like

if you asked this tomorrow itd be a really funny i think

3 Likes

I found a pillow in my closet! It’s so much better than my current one!