Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

okay hows this

1 Like

tootie liked my post and not yooooours :blush: get owned idiot!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

very well, so you want to replicate that game

well start by identifying what you need to get done

i have no experience with coding in your engine so i cant help with that, but it looks like you need sprites, sound effects, the character seems to be animated. tilemap could work thats the better / more complex way to do it. you could just simply implement a level with no tilemap, just separate sprites for the terrain, and manually make it all work. wouldn’t work well for the long term but since this is a passion short project that seems fine to me. does your engine use objects? you’d need to look up some code on platformers, physics etc. and how your engine can implement things like user input (im not sure if you covered it) - but in general your engine should take care of all these things for you - user menu, pause, close game, input etc. unless it’s a really low level engine - but then i dont think thats very useful for game devs. game dev is imo, not so much coding, much more artsy, the engine should provide most of the tools for you. you should research a lot on youtube about people who work with your engine, imo, at least its what i do. im also in the discord for my engine where i often ask questsions or i search if anyone has asked my question. definitely need other people, really hard to do anything software related on your own imo. you could but it’s just unnecessary difficult and inefficient. im not sure if this answer does anything for you, its very general. im happy to try to help further but i’d need some more specific questions and you’d need to do a bunch of more research! :P

1 Like

hey wtf you cant just like his post after i send this…

5 Likes

you were saying

6 Likes

you can be a wholesome plump cat with big belly. that’s how i imagine you irl too

1 Like

are you calling me fat and wholesome

2 Likes

4 Likes

today is Monday! what time do they meet?

1 Like

why are you throwing a chloe at this large nice feline (not katze)

2 Likes

have you considered replacing the calendar with THIRTY SIX WEEKS OF TEN DAYS EACH?

2 Likes

What about 365 weeks of 1 day each

1 Like

great idea why didn’t I think of that

3 Likes

i love throwing chloe around

thats her

2 Likes

Alternatively, thirty weeks of twelve days.

2 Likes

thankfully i am not a game dev and this is not useful for me
it handles images. and i can translate, rotate, scale, etc all the Image things. but i need to handle all the other things myself i do not know how much a normal thing has
rn im handling collision with modes. square tight and off. and the idea is to handle the player velocity and location and then trigger a function depending on the tile for each tile collided with. some things will also obviously need interacted with some time after theyre collided with (this is mainly for dissapearing blocks and air baloons), so theres a scheduler that then runs after that

5/5 but when it’s actually vriska

1 Like

i looked up golang and it directs me to the language go (or golang) - which is just a language, not an engine. that description also doesnt fit with what you said about it handling images. so im a bit confused what exactly are you using

this looks like shes throwing herself around? is she stupid/

1 Like

1 Like