Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

I still haven’t been able to take HRT due to medical issues. I think there’s happiness that exists out there and support if you have to wait for HRT. I’d just rather people be safe and not feel a strong anxiety over not having immediate access.

Although I’ve had personal anxiety myself because the more I age, the more HRT does less for me and that makes me genuinely depressed. So I can’t tell others not to DIY if that feeling is hurting others

Shoutout all the hair I have lost over the 3 years i havent taken HRT, and all the hair I likely would have kept :(

1 Like

the latter part makes sense

yeah exactly

I told myself that I will eventually cutoff the rest of my hair and just wear wigs, but I do get sad about it still

1 Like

(EV) Estradiol Valerate injections is the only legal injectible type of estrogen in USAmerica, Estradiol Cypionate (EC) and Estradiol… Ethanate? (EEn) both last longer in your body and you can inject on a weekly basis instead of a 4-day basis which you have to do with EV

i see

try doing something exactly every 4 days it sucks

1 Like

yeah sounds like it

diy ethics is probably just a matter of personal choice under certain circumstances (cough cough legality) imo
if they can do it safely, of course

there’s a lot of shenanigans that i see with people endorsing or not endorsing DIY that i dont understand why though

apparently like every trans-intended space that ive ran into has a rule against endosring diy for. some reason.

I should go on HRT now :frowning:

Went through a bunch to fix my thyroid issues, and I could probably hit my doctor up about it starting, but I’m still scared/worried about starting it

1 Like

fr

i did actually ask my parents if we could look into it given im going to be 18 soon
but then they revealed that no actually we’re still just as transphobic as we were when you came out and are not going to assist you in any way (even getting doctors appointments set up! like what)

people think it’s unsafe.

I… really disagree. Maybe I’m biased because I have done it but also, I have done more research into the safety of DIY HRT than 99.9% of the people who think it’s unsafe.

I will endorse it but I think it’s still fair to asterisk DIY and urge ppl to use caution

1 Like

yeah fair

Telling people to do medical treatments without oversight from a doctor comes with potential issues. You don’t want to be the person who advocates for something, and then said person has some terrible reaction or makes some mistake and it costs them terribly.

1 Like

as mentioned it is not something that should be stepped into blindly but

plus there are optics issues with public-facing trans spaces encouraging people (often minors) to buy medication off of the internet and do it without medical supervision

1 Like

i mean yeah but why is it a rule