Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

another scenario

Scenario context: @Sunlight (she/her) and @Moonbeam (he/him) are both relatively new to the site. This is Sunlight’s second game on FoL; Moonbeam has played a few games here, as well as cohosting a Doc10er, but hasn’t been around for more than a couple months. They both come from the same homesite, which plays on a Discord server. Neither of them has any history of rules violations, except for one seemingly-accidental instance in Moonbeam’s first game where he misunderstood the angleshooting rules and started speculating on another player posting in the Cookie Thread. You learn about this incident when Moonbeam sends you a message on Discord telling you that Sunlight is being toxic. You open the thread for context, and find the following posts:

@Sunlight

For fuck’s sake. Moonbeam is blatant wolf, how does no one see this?

@Moonbeam

no offense sunlight but you’re a fucking clown, if this is the sort of shit you’re going to be pushing then you’ve got a massive skill issue

@Sunlight

Cry harder.

@Moonbeam

im not crying i just think you’re fucking braindead

@Sunlight

Go fuck yourself. No one wants to play with assholes like you.

@Moonbeam

wow real mature, resorting to insults just because someone criticized your reads? maybe you should go play tos, you’d fit right in

3 Likes

It would be different if it wasn’t a setup where everyone plays the exact same prettt much every game, there’s little excuse for a player to be both engaging with the game thread and also thinking it could be bastard for a cop13

I think this is the sweet spot tbh, and any more would be too many cooks in the kitchen.
We’ve needed more mods for a while, because we’re all busy and/or burned out at times, and it’s nice to ~always have someone available that you can bounce ideas off of and get a second opinion from.
It’s less of that we have a lot of work to do, and moreso that its nice to always have people around who can do work when it does come up.
Odd numbers are also good so there’s majority if we need to make any decisions as a group

3 Likes

Unsure if anyone looked at the questions in the lens of “well, this setup has an established standard play to get everyone on the same page, to the point where it would be near impossible for someone to be both playing the game and misunderstanding it if they played mafia games”
And I think you have to play a couple games on mu to get banned

3 Likes

this is fun i really like this

okay moonbeam was the one who escalated it, but both of them are being toxic. send both of them a warning to simmer down

4 Likes

The solution here is pretty simple.

Step 1: Get rid of the evidence. Delete the game thread(s), role PMs, wolfchat, spectator chat and hostchat.

Step 2: Get rid of the witnesses. IP ban anyone who asks about the game and why the game thread/their role PM is gone. Including people who were just reading the game but not playing or heard about what happened from someone else.

Step 3:

6 Likes

moonbeam’s last post made me laugh

id give a warning to moonbean. i’ll forgive sunlight coz they were provoked. yes sunlight is also breaking the rules by insulting but they are being provoked i think its human to forgive reactions a bit and be harsher on the initiator

okay well. maybe not. maybe id shoot a pm to sunlight too to ask them to chill a bit. but id be way more gentle to sunlight than to moonbeam. slap on the wrist for sunlight. a bit harsher slap on the wrist for moonbeam

2 Likes

Is this in the cookie thread

1 Like

no, for clarification, the scenario is occurring in a game thread

2 Likes
Summary

ban Arete for toxicity is the solution

4 Likes

the things are hidden in a spoiler for people who don’t want to see it

1 Like

I’ll hide you in a spoiler

1 Like

go ahead

atlas hidden

IMG_2055

5 Likes

thanks for reminding me

3 Likes
Summary

given the fact neither of them have a history of this i would probably let them both off with a warning. more in depth thing coming soon

1 Like

claiming the redcheck is fine, but a very, very questionable play - I could see it be fishing for a tailor/godfather reaction or something

its the not-rescinding-before-they-had-the-ability-to-be-nightkilled that’s absolutely gamethrowing

2 Likes

I actually have an example somewhat related to that scenario

Once a guy named duck got a role that showed him if the player he picks is 3p. There were no 3p, it was a troll role designed to seem useful when it isn’t. He checked a guy, was drunk, misread his result, and claimed to everyone the guy was mafia. The guy got executed and flipped town. They got executed the next day.

1 Like