Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

Why the hell would they say “we wont use your preferred name on communications” and then DO THAT

2 Likes

I AGREe

me when colleges deceive you:

My dad said that him and my mom want to talk to me when i get home

3 Likes

oh god

person writing policy, who has thought about this for at least 30 seconds: “wow, it would suck if someone got outed to their parents by listing their preferred name. We’ll make sure that automatically-generated messages just use your legal name, to avoid that outcome.”

person sending email to you and your parents: “wow it says here in the file that her preferred name is Youbie rather than Deadname! I definitely don’t want to misgender or deadname her, that would be transphobic! Fortunately her preferred name is already listed right here :D”

7 Likes

the exact same thing happened to another trans mafia player - alison. they told her they wouldn’t use that name and then they did, to her parents. she spun some kind of lies and i think she managed to deceive them

1 Like

I wasnt even going to change it and then i saw that and i was like “well i might as well change it now bc its not like my parents will see!”

3 Likes

arent the emails automatically generated too

the account i used for my act account is different than my school account
so now i get two emails from every college every time, one with my deadname and one with Eliza

1 Like

hypothetical second person is the same kind of person who goes into a group of totally random people with a wide range of political affiliations, many of whom (you don’t know which) are probably conservative, and is like “let’s start by doing a pronoun circle :D”

4 Likes

Forum Mafia players when they get to lie to their friends or family about life-revolving changes or significant personal details; this is just like their hobby!

5 Likes

probably

it depends on the specific email

2 Likes

eh fair

so they just assumed that preferred name should mean “i prefer my parents to see this” :thinking:

2 Likes

im killing anyone who says this with hammers

3 Likes

youbie is a minor right so they can’t kick her out. or well kids can be put in terrible situations but there should be services to help / protect, i hope

1 Like

I have bad news

1 Like

people do it anyways i think

youbie specifically isnt getting kicked out as mentioned above but

1 Like