Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

:wowee:

1 Like

I get how I don’t super give mixed gender signals but every time it happens it feels like I pressed the sneak button in a videogame and the guards immediately unaggroed

3 Likes

Once heard the strat in a Discord server of giving your pronouns “he/him/his” to look more cis because cis people don’t abbreviate

3 Likes

3 Likes

This was my friend’s Discord avatar (they are neither of these things) and every time it happens this manifests in my head .The skeleton

1 Like

Cis White

2 Likes

did you make them get the cat ears

2 Likes

I’ve been out for years and my dad misgenders me exclusively with rare exception and it isn’t done with any kind of specific malice (he doesn’t get it and doesn’t try to). It sucks. It sucks that when I mentioned Twitter when he visited last that his partner immediately said “you mean X” but did not use my pronouns once. It’s upsetting. But fuck em. I survive. You’ll survive.

4 Likes

No that was independent

1 Like

I don’t think this is ~consistently true

4 Likes

(The explantaion given for the avatar was that “their coworkers have htem on Discord so they have the avatar to show they’re just a normal guy”)

1 Like

(I’m not sure how effective this is)

(Especially paired with the cat ears)

i feel like their coworkers would know they’re not white??

3 Likes

(“people who don’t abbreviate are cis” is plausibly more true? but people who abbreviate all the way (just “He” or “She”) are almost always cis, and there are loads of cis people who do the classic two-pronouns thing)

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Cis White

1 Like

It’s one of the funniest things there is to me.

1 Like

Thank you

3 Likes

Last year on a family trip there were three separate dinners where i was first served my food alongside the guys (they serve the ladies first), then the next round i was served with the women

It was really funny

My brother also kept a tally of how many times i was called sir then corrected to ma’am, its a good little game

3 Likes