Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

Yeah I mean when it was said it obviously meant “not abbreviating makes you look more awkward and unused to giving your pronouns, and therefore more cis”

1 Like

I mostly just find pronouns tech funny

1 Like

Powerful.

1 Like

OMG LMAO

Being butch is so fun i love seeing people squirm yes be uncomfortable with my androgyny fuck u

8 Likes

i’m really sorry about that, ybw
there’s a lot of people are either really stupid or really malicious when it comes to transgender people, and i’m assuming you were put to deal with both
i assume your fear for the family vacation, now that you believe your father does not believe you, will come true either way, just more prevalent if you actually tell him
theres a lot of advice i may say, but my general lack of knowledge about the situation may lead to it being harmful; please make your best call

5 Likes

HELL YEAH

2 Likes

People I suppose mostly just look at hair and clothes when gendering me and not, anything else

1 Like
advice for Youbie (may or may not be helpful, feel free to not open if it's unwanted)

I think before this conversation happens you should Probably think about how to handle the situation where they just ~will not accept cisgender explanations and you have to talk about it with them. not because they necessarily won’t, just because they might not, and it is probably good to have a plan. it may help to have a sense in mind of which outcome(s) you’re ~optimizing for; if they’re treating you adversarially like this it’s obviously fine to just approach the conversation as “how do I optimize for the specific outcomes I’m aiming for” rather than as a normal conversation, though that requires knowing what outcomes you want (especially if you can’t get ‘they just pretend this never happened’).

7 Likes

YBW may the Cis White skeleton grant you the power, to appear cisgender

1 Like

one butch sister, one bitch sister, what a family

3 Likes

I think people are just too lazy to deadname me at my school (where i interact with the most people) since I’ve gone by Eliza the whole time ive gone there
my deadname is extremely findable! Especially to anyone in any class where we use computers!
but appparently no one is transphobic enough to go out of their way to find it and then actually use it
which is shocking given the some of the people at my school but good

i do get misgendered frequently tho (but half the time I don’t notice it so its ok :wowee:)

1 Like

Secret Transgender

Oh also idk what part of Illinois you’re in @YoubutWorse but if its the southern portion / further from Chicago and you need a place to stay for a bit i can also house you

I have an extra mattress

4 Likes

:wowee:

brb one sec

Thank u for letting us know u are brbing from the cookie thread eliza

3 Likes

I literally had no idea you were out publicly. That’s awesome

3 Likes

yeah the vast majority of people are not going to be interested in going to that amount of effort when you’ve already given them a perfectly usable name.

(this is a good Life Hack; if you introduce yourself to strangers as {name} and they don’t have another one they will nearly always use it even if they otherwise don’t see you as your gender literally at all)

3 Likes

The RAs put everybody’s first name on their doors in my dorm last year and mine obviously, did not match the name I was giving everybody, which was occasionally milfly awkward but was fine. I didn’t want like physical evidence of me going yb another name if my parents stopped by anyway. When they printed out new cards cause the old ones were getting worn, they put my last name on mine (despite everybody else having their first name). That was nice

1 Like