Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

You are going to die

3 Likes

i mean all u do is break into one of them science bases

You clearly have never seen The Thing they have that shit strapped down now

2 Likes

good luck not dying to the freezing cold before then

2 Likes

I moved to a place with higher taxes and I genuinely barely notice a difference. Like it’s annoying to pay the personal property tax because I have to pay it as a lump sum, but I’m not affected whatsoever. I’m fine. It’s certainly not enough of a difference that could stop me from moving. It’s also fiction to think that people don’t move because taxes are too high lol. People don’t move because they have a life in an area and feel comfortable and membership in a community and don’t want to start over.

Like did taxes make a difference for some person somewhere? Sure. There are like 300 million people I’m sure there are a couple. But it’s not going to make a material difference for like 99% of the population because it’s not a significant factor.

(To be clear, I’m referring to specifically a state income tax when I’m talking about taxes.)

4 Likes

that number seems a bit low

1 Like

:wowee:

:roll_eyes:

Of the United States

3 Likes

as it happens exactly two people have been affected by taxes

that’s because lower taxes in one department usually means higher taxes in another
also no welfare

1 Like

we have no state income tax in texas but property on the other hand

1 Like

me when, shockingly, I did not propose budget cuts for my reduced taxes and therefore i raise taxes elsewhere

I get these Google alerts about politicians in my county raising taxes and every time it’s like cents on something and it’s for something meaningful for children. It’s so stupid this gets a push notification on my phone. I don’t give a shit about a $0.15 annual tax if the local schools get some necessary shit like who cares lol

2 Likes

TRUE

uh

1 Like

Income tax rates for the highest brackets used to be like 70% or something. We should return to that.

3 Likes

my bad

1 Like

misspoke

yeah

shift-enter is in fact to not post

3 Likes