Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

More that the human heart is deceitful and utterly wicked. Having the devil doesn’t help matters.

1 Like

Oh

2 Corinthians 11:13

1 Like

Idk I thought he was saying the Bible can explain why people were haters

1 Like

What a bleak worldview! Fuck that!

1 Like

It’s unfortunate that people do that.

I’ve never really found it incomprehensible. I can comprehend it

1 Like

:man_shrugging: Why would people need to lock their doors at night, if the human heart was inherently good?

1 Like

I don’t lock my door at night :popcorncat:

5 Likes

Oh cool! So where was it that you’re based out of at the moment again?

2 Likes

(but more to the point, if you model humans as (MADE UP NUMBERS) being 45% actively good people, 45% basically neutral people, and 10% actively assholes who want to hurt people to various degrees, then it would be reasonable to lock your door, even though the majority of people are good or neutral – since there’s little downside to keeping benevolent people out)

2 Likes

People want to enforce what they see as social order, or feel better than other people, or to just not have to examine their passive biases. Or they don’t want to accept that their position in society may not have been entirely gained on merit. Or or or

3 Likes

Chicago!

(uh, disclaimer, my apartment complex is behind a locked door, I’m only really exposing myself to additional break-in risk from people who live here, who can climb a tallish fence, or who can credibly impersonate a package delivery person)

7 Likes

Writing this down

3 Likes

@Zugzwang Hi Zug

1 Like

May how many addresses have you found

2 Likes

religion in general and thinking about it has made me feel pretty bleak. it doesn’t feel good knowing that a huge amount of people that instantly default to the “fuck queer people” state due to a line or so inside an ancient religious text. if these gods truly have these harsh beliefs, then the fact that I was born for the sole purpose of being delivered to an indefinite period of eternal suffering is just. unfair

3 Likes

I plead the fifth

2 Likes

May I’m pretty sure you specifically can narrow down my exact address (minus apartment number within the building) from information I’ve said in your presence

5 Likes

I probably could but I’ve sworn off cyberstalking :(

2 Likes