Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

because my store is the busiest in the city, my boss’s boss always installs a cuthroat, longtime operator at the helm

Two of my three previous bosses have been with the company over 35 years and were promoted to district supervisor

1 Like

My boss’s assistant in particular though is the most venomous person i’ve ever reported to.

But it’s alright. I need a steady supply of anxiety to supply my cardio efforts

1 Like

You’re being exploited, and you owe your company as much loyalty as it has for you as an employee (none). The amount of effort and energy you’re putting in is not going to be worth the reward. That was more my point.

1 Like

das kapital by karl marx, etc

My job saved my life. I’m choosing to give it immense loyalty because i’m totally reliant on it for friendship and structure. I know i’m being exploited and I don’t give a fuck. I love my job and I’m not there for the money.

I’m an extremely competent worker, trainer, and leader, and I take pride in the pain, scars, and anguish it’s given me. They’re all badges of valor.

Once i finish my degree i’ll have something in the back pocket in case things ever go south, but I pray i won’t need it. I have so much invested in my job emotionally

obligatory “sunk cost fallacy” joke
(it is a joke)

i couldn’t stop now… the sunk cost fallacy wouldn’t allow it

Y’all need a union so bad

1 Like

me when the gaming industry is not unionized :pensive:

for whatever reason my dad believes all union leaders are greedy assholes who only do it to fill their own pockets
he says this as if this does not apply to CEOs too

you’re not going into the gaming industry are you

no lol

my brother might be tho
he’s majoring in “computer science animation” (3d animation)

phew

I disagree. I trust my boss and hers to be just and compassionate

Seems like they should be happy to work with their laborers to ensure they’re being treated justly and compassionately, and fairly compensated.

I disagree.
Fast food is a high pressure environment. When we’re drowning in orders on a friday/saturday night, on a $3,500+ sales shift, delivery, front counter, and drive thru at the same time, the intensity easily rivals any michelin star kitchen

If, after a month of training, you are incapable of performing at an elite level at one of the positions, you should not be there

go on morning shift where nothing happens or evening shift which is low pressure because they can leave the store a hot mess at 10pm and nobody gives a fuck