Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

I hate the vast majority of the Splatoon singleplayer campaign content and every day people throw rocks and arrows at me for this but it’s true

ive never played multiplayer splatoon

1 Like

1 and 2’s main campaigns were pretty whatever but octo expansion and 3’s main were good

is this not the average take

I didn’t like 3’s at all and I didn’t play Octo Expansion

When I say the vast majority I mean ‘everything but Side Order’

Side Order is fine, I played it for a while and then stopped and never came back

side order my favorite roguelike deckbuilder movement shooter

1 Like

They’re just, like… they’re something shaped like a videogame but they’re missing the feeling of meaningful learning and progression. It feels like an endless tutorial, which levels are easy and difficult is entirely arbitrary, it doesn’t feel like you’re learning skills to apply them in later levels, it feels like you’re learning skills to apply them in multiplayer, which is considered the “real game” that the singleplayer campaign is hyping you up to play

meow

1 Like

thats a common statement
i know that and i dont even play splatoon

I know eveyrbing y96 guys are talking about

Which is because multiplayer is pretty much the “real game” that the singleplayer campaign is hyping you up to play. And I wish it wasn’t that way! It’s possible to make a singleplayer campaign that teaches you the skills you’ll need for multiplayer that also feels meaningful as its own experience. Side Order feels like it exists for itself

awwww
the kitty is back

2 Likes

I heard someone ranting and came to check it out

2 Likes

Yeah that’s fair. I don’t hear it a lot because I talk about Splatoon with a lot of people who REALLY like Splatoon, so every time I say this people boo me. So sad! No cure!

2 Likes

mays saying something about how a single player game doesn’t really prepare you for the optional multiplayer stuff

1 Like

this is like going to a Mario convention talking about why you dislike certain Mario stuff

octo expansion teaches you important skills such as

• how to play 8 ball
  • lesbianism

that’s about it

1 Like

important skill, why does may hate this?

1 Like

may hasn’t played octo expansion

notably, side order, which may does enjoy, is a good refresher course on lesbianism

2 Likes