Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

1 Like

tbthbthbthtbhtbthb I haven’t seen either of these
but I’d probably hear these either as their meaning (unlikely), or “woo two” and “wooboo 2” (more likely)

I don’t often see them either I just think “internet slang popular with teenager” is funy

1 Like

May how do you hear ‘ngl’

I read it as “wuh-you-uh-two”

1 Like

“nnn-gul”

I hear it as the ‘ng’ sound followed by ‘l’

It’s important to note that if I, like, pause to read a message, I’ll read all these out as their full meanings. I don’t, like, actually Think the acronym Is pronounced that way. But when I’m scanning everything’s reduced to base syllables

1 Like

Something like that works for me too yeah

1 Like

how do you read thbthbthtbhtbhtbhtbthb

“Tuh-buh-tuh-tbuh-tubhbutbuhtbuthnunh”

1 Like

“Ng-lie”.

1 Like

There’s a lot of words which I only see in text where I just, like, picked a couple syllables to represent the word in my mind and never bothered looking at every letter/syllable. It can result in me mispronouncing the words 'cause I just never looked to see exactly how they were spelled

1 Like

I think I’ve done this with some words too

I don’t make such mix-ups about words I’ve ever heard before in my life, nor do I make the mix-ups once I know how the word is pronounced, or if I’m asked to look at the word and see how it’s pronounced. It’s not, like, a fundamental inability? I don’t think I’m dyslexic? I think I just read really fast and don’t bother to look at spellings unless prompted

1 Like

may how do you pronounce carbocation

1 Like

Like “litigation” I always just swapped to “ligitation”

1 Like

Huh. So you like split the difference on sub-vocalizing vs not by eliding lol. If I’m reading casually, the voice in my head reads it like I’d say it. If I’m trying to read it quickly, I don’t really have a voice in my reading it, I just read it.

is this a word
I haven’t seen it but I’d say “carbo” as in carbohydrates, and “cation” as in vacation