Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

Same
All my school stress dreams are about classes i took 5 years ago and are things that never happened but i always feared
Like completely blanking and failing a calc exam and having to retake the class, or missing a physics lab and flunking

They feel sooo real

1 Like

I also have stress dreams about high school band
Like forgetting my dress clothes when we have a concert, or messing up a solo, or leaving my clarinet at home

Wowee

3 Likes

oh my god you were a band kid

1 Like

clarinet player at that

1 Like

I love learning but Iā€™m genuinely such a mess of a student. School occupies this weird space of being this thing that I am fond of having got through and deeply appreciate the things I learned during my time there, but it was also a deeply harrowing journey where I repeatedly made huge logistical fuckups. I would never have any idea when registration opened or what classes I needed, and it became this vicious cycle where my anxiety ratcheted up so high about that kind of stuff, it made it that much more difficult to engage with it. I think my greatest accomplishment is having actually graduated in spite of being an unmitigated disaster the entire time. If I was organized, did all of my assignments, and studied I could have done anything I wanted. But I am who I am

1 Like

chloeward

i donā€™t see why which specific college is relevant information, but yes, I do history at Cambridge University

2 Likes

It makes perfect sense once you think about it

yeah like i mean its chloe of course they are. but still

sending my old school negative energy with my mind

1 Like

I havenā€™t had a notable stress dream in a hot minute (last I remember was 2019), but I did recently dream a well-known Omega Strikers player and I for no reason I really understand got roped into some group that blew up a building at some university or another (location unspecified, but not any irl college Iā€™ve actually been to)

I did not want to hurt anybody, but I also didnā€™t rat anybody out, so make of that what you will

1 Like

chloe being a band kid is about as surprisiing as me being a theatre kid: not at all

4 Likes

Iā€™m just curious

i mean the thing is that i chose for all my records to be private so this wouldnā€™t exactly doxx me, but also the history class at my college individually, ignoring all the other ones, is precisely 8 people, so,

2 Likes

I have these too but way more rarely. I forgot my shoes once but lived only 5 minutes away so as soon as the bell rang I got in my car and tried to zoom home. I got pulled over by a cop who was parked just outside the school. I was going 25 in a 25 but it was 15 because it was a school zone that literally just became active. Nightmare.

1 Like

super valid reason to not share

1 Like

the college system at cambridge is weird but it is effective, iā€™ll give it that
i do quite like having many experts acting as my personal tutors alongside some of the most interesting lecturing in the world

2 Likes

I was a band kid and I shouldā€™ve been a theater kid as well. A big regret is never doing it when I was a teenager.

1 Like

thatā€™s only possible due to three things:

• small class sizes
  • incredibly selective acceptance criteria
  • absolutely absurd amount of stolen wealth accumulated over the course of centuries
2 Likes

what are your plans post-graduation

I know from other people I know who majored in history that finding an actually relevant job post-graduation can be tough

1 Like