Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

i don’t know. shitpost a lot. probably design games as a hobby even more. see where the wind takes me. i don’t trust the world enough to make plans

2 Likes

i was a band kid because basically all the nerds at my school were band kids. it was basically just an extension of the nerd group and some other people were there too. we were never a very good marching band (but our concert band was actually pretty solid, if only because they split into an upper and lower division based on skill)

i’m auitstic and transgender and I live in the UK, I’m already almost unemployable, so I might as well strive for excellence in what I can do and work to keep myself, those I love, and my community safe with what money I can get

5 Likes

i have no illusions of making it in academia, even if it is a possibility, if that’s what you’re asking

2 Likes

I wasn’t expressly asking, but it is certainly a common pathway

1 Like

but as far as I’m concerned, the worth of knowledge is the knowledge itself, not what it can grant you beyond that. that’s just a neat bonus

1 Like

yes and you do gotta support yourself

not having a specific plan isn’t a problem tho

1 Like

again, just curious

at any rate, I wish you the best in your studies :orange_heart:

1 Like

yeah i mean. as I said, I don’t trust the world enough to plan. everything’s precarious at the moment, and the only way to deal with that is to take each day as it comes.

3 Likes

anyway did you know about the fascinatinglly intricate history of prisoners of war in the 18th century caribbean?

1 Like

IM NOT

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN :sob: :sob: :sob:

it’s fascinating! so it turns out there were extensive diplomatic agreements called “cartels” that negotiated elaborate exchanges of war prisoners between various entities operating in the islands. what’s interesting is that the movement of prisoners in particular, due to the geographic nature of these colonial enterprises, was that they had surprisingly little to do with the imperial rivalries of the period despite the prisoners of war naturally coming from those rivalries

1 Like

so there are examples of, for example, a Spanish and a French territory exchanging English prisoners for Portugese prisoners

1 Like

ttheyre trying to make weezer two…,.

it’s interesting because of the kinds of negotiations happening in, and I want to make this clear, absurdly amoral slaver states, all of whom were on the verge of revolution due to, you know, all the slaves. committing crimes against humanity is a great way to make that bit of humanity rise against you

1 Like

idk i’m very interested in the historical theories about the discontinuities in imperialism’s operations and how they simultaneously reinforce and undermine its’ perfidious structure.

do u want to start a break away nation w/ me

1 Like