Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

TRUE

lmao

Oh I remember that

it looks like great background stuff to just peek a while when youā€™re bored, Iā€™ve done that with long gameplays of games i like

1 Like

he also banned Christmas but that wasnā€™t that significant itā€™s just something that Victorians played up for shock value

1 Like

Nooooo theyā€™re gonna take away my guns!!!

Nice arguement unfortunately I have already depicted you as the seething coal locomotive and myself as the sleek FDR bullet train

HypnoTizerKisser

you wanna watch more gta 5 mega ramp gameplay

3 Likes

anyway in terms of things iā€™ve been researching lately my reading into prisoners of war in the 18th century Carribean has gotten really interesting. did you guys know that people would fly flags proclaiming them to be engaged in a prisoner transfer in order to justify illegal trading (i.e: smuggling)? and as a result prisoners of war were used as kind of human passports in the Carribean?

2 Likes

because if you have a French prisoner of war in your hull, that confirms to any French privateers that youā€™re not fair game to target, and thus it protects you from piracy and allows you to do nominally illegal trades with a country your islandā€™s colonial office is supposed to be at war with

1 Like

nooooooooooooooo
wailing_kirby

2 Likes

Sid Meierā€™s Pirates

2 Likes

at one point the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania sold flags with the names of random guys on them to act as ā€œtruce flagsā€ and hopefully nobody would raid you to find out if you actually had the guys in there

1 Like

i know next to nothing about Sid Meierā€™s Pirates was that a thing in there

LMAO

I donā€™t know. All I remember is your home country gave you a letter of marque that allowed you to legally plunder vessels of other nations AKA it made you a privateer instead of a pirate. Unless Iā€™m misremembering

1 Like

sid meierā€™s pirates unfortunately lacks a dedicated human trafficking mechanic

no yeah thatā€™s letters of marque, a well-observed phenomenon

1 Like

unfortunately???

1 Like

historically innacurate, everything iā€™ve seen makes it clear to me that prisoners of war and slaves were the drivers of the 18th century carribean economy and it isnā€™t even close

2 Likes