Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

:sob:

You’re just like eliza (endearing)

1 Like

Everyone has their quirk

For me its mindless eliza liking

For u guys its being dumb or having no attention span or being weird

In the grand scheme of things my quirk is comparatively pretty tame…

2 Likes

Tutu what do you remember from bulgarian literature class

1 Like

Dumb boomer irrelevant pieces of literature

A lot of them were revolutionary; about liberation

A lot were like propaganda-y

I disdain most things that are traditional / propaganda-y

A lot of schools produced nationalistic kids who disdained turks

1 Like

ohhh now i get it

1 Like

Lol’d irl

Did you have to learn about romantism, classicism, modernism and postmodernism?

A chunk of Romanian history is about intellectuals that came with the idea of nationalism (historically speaking before the 19th century, having the leader being the same nationality as you wasn’t common) and tried to unite the romanian countries.

Though I am not sure why I need to learn fables, or unhistorical novels or alot of poems that are irrelevant to the romanian history. Yes, I get that these poets have some value to them, but why should I learn worthless literature? It doesn’t help me with storywritting in the slightest.

1 Like

smart move for you to pretend that your mindless liking is your only quirk

maybe you aren’t dumb after all…

3 Likes

Yeah

Literature was like a branch of history. Like they wanted us to “honor” the great old poets. I hated all of it, i was wholly uninterested and it was mandatory

1 Like

Hehehehe :smirk:

idr most of my school subjects tbh

1 Like

Goldfishy memory u were only there yesterday u already forgot?

i left high school a few years ago

1 Like

and it wasnt very good for my brain. most of it is foggy for me

1 Like

Oh u had a break between hs and college? Ur first year in college iirc

For Romanian poets, they usually went to Paris (the cultural hub of the entire old world) and then came back to the country to get some gears shifted within their country.

Isn’t it the same for bulgarians? Didn’t they have something like this too?

Turkey for example when they were the Old Man of Europe (because they refused to technologically advance by taking a glance at european stuff which was considered a violation of some tradition and it was also riddled with elitist corruption that pushed against reform for their own “good”),
it took one leader and then a party (Kemalism) that started to see the shines of Europe and started to reform Turkey forcefully (coup d’etat) by attempting to adopt democratic ideals which intensified after quite alot of wars in the region (like WW1).

1 Like

…you could call it a break

1 Like

I had a little thing they call “depression” and fucked off my last couple years. I was still technically in high school but I basically didn’t attend
i mean. i say depressed but I think it was depression burnout wombo combo from just not getting diagnosed as being weak and feeble and having to deal with regular person school

4 Likes

:people_hugging:

1 Like