Cookie Thread Act 4: katze thread

the wedding is in august and they already invited me from february. i didnt gave a response at the time if i accept or not. i dont think its realistic i can lie about a last minute scheduling conflict given i knew about it half a year prior, it would come off as a really obvious lie i think

3 Likes

I mean you can always just go and leave early

1 Like

ill give you ligma so you can say you’re sick

1 Like

there isn’t

4 Likes

i probably could have explained the situation a bit more

its in another city i need to travel to, and they reserved a hotel. its not like a few hour thing, its expected for the guests to stay over and sleep there at the night

3 Likes

i think so too, ive been so anxious about it wracking my brain thinking of what to do :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You could Just Go

3 Likes

what kind of nonsense idea is that we’re folers we don’t go outside

2 Likes

the reason why i didnt wanna is coz its my highschool friends, some of which i had a falling out with. we separated on bad terms. the ones who invited me im in alright relations with, we dont rly talk to each other, maybe text once every months. its been years since we hung out. they invited me coz we used to be really close i think, but. i would feel terrible there and there’s gonna be a number of ppl im not fond of. it was probably awkward for them too, thinking if they should invite me or not

4 Likes

I mean I can’t know what’s polite without more context… like how close you are to the people getting married… if you don’t know them super well and they won’t miss just another RSVP you can straight up be all “unfortunately I can’t make it, best wishes”. If they are paying attention to you specifically it’s slightly harder

3 Likes

it’s harder to say you can’t make it when they are doing it months in advance

1 Like

Could you get away with claiming a family member was hospitalized and you need to be there?

3 Likes
  1. Bring knee toward self
  2. Hook arm around knee
  3. Straighten out leg, thus lifting self up

Truly I am an innovator in the art of human locomotion

6 Likes

I need a stick man figure picture of what this means to know how stupid it is

1 Like

Not really. People aren’t studying your every action to determine consistency. Maybe you have a trip to visit a family member planned, maybe you can’t take the time off work or school, they don’t know what the fuck you’re up to and they’re not paying that much attention. You just have to sound polite and hold up to exactly as much scrutiny as they’ll place

5 Likes

I can’t draw it

2 Likes

i had kind of a scandal with one of our friends. she yelled at me and flamed me in public, quite a lot. we broke off since then. those friends that invited me are chill, but they’re also quite close to her. they know of my relations with her, they dont talk about her, and they invite me to hang out only when shes not in town. like they avoid mixing us up together coz they know about it. but shes the best friend of the women getting married, so like they know it would be awkward between us. but they probably thought its more awkward to not invite me at all given our past good relationships. and like its not just her its like. there was another girl in our group that i had issues with. i would have to pretend to do a lot of stuff, pretend to like them, pretend to have fun, pretend to hide my shyness and awkwardness. i think id suffer, i would feel uncomfy there. the only thing thats conflicting me is that rejecting them would just feel so mean it would hurt me. loss/loss situation fmpov. i wish they didnt invite me :(

5 Likes

Tutun being shy? Color me surprised

1 Like

among u dorks i come off as extroverted but in the real world i can be quite shy hahah :sweat_smile:. at least over here in bulgaria. i really hate it here. i have almost nothing but bad experiences and memories

1 Like

I wonder if I look overly extroverted here that someone would assume I’d act like this offline too

1 Like